Polar Loop and H7 HRM

Options
Hi All!!!! I just purchased the Polar Loop and H7 HRM. I absolutely love it, however I have some questions.

1. Do you wear your loop and HRM 24/7? (Even in the shower.)

2. How do I know if my loop is synching with my HRM?

3. Do you use the calorie read-out on your loop instead of what MFP gives you for daily caloric intake? (Hope that makes sense...)

4. Do any of you use the elliptical for cardio? If so, how do you record it in the polar beat app? Indoor Other, Walking or something else?

I would also appreciate any other tips/tricks for using it. I want to make sure I am getting the most out of it.

Thank you!!
Carrie

Replies

• 2xMommaYork
    Options
    I have and use both of these items daily. In answer to your questions:

1. I wear the Loop 24/7. I wear the HR monitor only during workouts. If you wear the HR monitor 24/7 you will kill the battery in no time. The loop is water resistant and you can wear it in the shower (and while swimming). I choose to take mine off and put it on the charger while I am showering.

2. You can tell if the loop is synching with the HR monitor because your HR is displayed as you tap through the various display modes (time, calories, steps, etc.) When you put on your HR monitor, moisten (I just use water, but you can buy gel made for this purpose) the part of the strap that is at the center of your chest where the monitor itself snaps on and then hold your wrist with the loop on it close to the HR monitor and tap (not hold) the button. After a few seconds, your HR should appear on the loop. There will be a little red heart and numbers displaying your current HR. If you do not see the heart symbol/numbers, make sure the contacts have been adequately moistened and try again.

3. I use the calories burned read-out provided by my Loop and HR monitor once synched with the Polar Flow app. This is more accurate than what MFP gives you or what certain pieces of gym equipment display (both of which are usually wildly off).

4. I do use the elliptical for cardio on occasion. When I record it in the Polar Flow app (the Polar Beat app is for a different product, and is not compatible with the Polar Loop) I log it under Cross-Trainer. I wish they would just call it Elliptical, but they don't. Researching the terms on the internet told me that elliptical machines are also referred to as cross trainers, so the terms should be interchangeable.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have more questions.
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    If you are doing a workout by all means keep your loop on as it will record your activity but I think you are better using the H7 HRM in conjunction with the Polar Beat app for you workout details, for instance there is no GPS for recording your distance when you use the Loop/Polar Flow combination, the added bonus is that everything you record on Polar Beat will sync on to Polar Flow anyway, unfortunately the limitations of Bluetooth at this stage do not allow you to have the Loop and HRM both working at the same time while using Polar Flow and Beat, you can have the Loop synced with the HRM and use Polar Flow but not use Polar Beat at the same time.
  • longin2bsexy
    longin2bsexy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the posts I really appreciate it!!
  • squaregum
    squaregum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Smirnoff65 wrote: »
    If you are doing a workout by all means keep your loop on as it will record your activity but I think you are better using the H7 HRM in conjunction with the Polar Beat app for you workout details, for instance there is no GPS for recording your distance when you use the Loop/Polar Flow combination, the added bonus is that everything you record on Polar Beat will sync on to Polar Flow anyway, unfortunately the limitations of Bluetooth at this stage do not allow you to have the Loop and HRM both working at the same time while using Polar Flow and Beat, you can have the Loop synced with the HRM and use Polar Flow but not use Polar Beat at the same time.

Finally some light!! Thank you very much for the info. I've been searching what is wrong with polar apps.
    I have the polar HR6 and the polar loop. Apps on my Iphone: polar beat and flow.
    I workout for at least 5 days in a week, for at least 80 minutes each time, doing this and that.
    I have tried leaving loop in the house and only using hr sensor along woth polar beat, wearing hr6 and loop. No matter what the combination polar beat, doesnt show my effort.
    Sometimes it records 1 workout out of 2, sometimes none at all.
    While I understand the goal here is to get fit, I would like this apps to show my effort, because I've been trying and I spent a fortune on both the HR and the loop!!!
    I would appreciate more info.
    Thank you.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Shoulda bought a Garmin device.
  • squaregum
    squaregum Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Shoulda bought a Garmin device.

Very helpfull.. Thanks
  • COcgrayson
    COcgrayson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use the Polar Beat for walking, cycling, swimming. It will sync to your daily diary and provides good feedback for your activity totals.
  • joaoabarca
    joaoabarca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How do you use it for swiming?
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Polar Loop, but the A300 will synch with the H7 on a different frequency than bluetooth. It's called GymLink Frequency. This allows the A300 and the H7 to communicate while in the water. (Bluetooth doesn't work in water.)

So, you would wear both normally and start tracking your workout as you normally would as well. (On the A300 you would press the Start button, scroll down to Swimming, and then press the Start button again.)