Getting started

Options
Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm new to this and am always looking for a new tool for weight loss. This site has been wonderful for my Mom so I thought I'd give it a shot.

My motto is 'Always focus on sucesses and they will happen more often'

:smile:

Replies

• Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Options
    Just wanted to say a quick hello. I'm new to this and am always looking for a new tool for weight loss. This site has been wonderful for my Mom so I thought I'd give it a shot.

My motto is 'Always focus on sucesses and they will happen more often'

• CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    alyssa18.gif

Good Luck to you!
  • ginnie
    ginnie Posts: 44
    Options
    welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey Suni-- welcome-- this site is incredible-- you'll do great!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • flemtc
    flemtc Posts: 17
    Options
    good luck! it is a great group of people!:flowerforyou:
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    ok, it is my first day and all....and I didn't decide to do this until half way through the day so I didn't think about my food choices in the morning.....but 220 calories over what I should be is not a good way to start this process. I've been reading alot of the forum posts and there are some great ideas. I think planning my meals out tonight for tomorrow will be a huge help!!! Wish me luck!
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    ok, it is my first day and all....and I didn't decide to do this until half way through the day so I didn't think about my food choices in the morning.....but 220 calories over what I should be is not a good way to start this process. I've been reading alot of the forum posts and there are some great ideas. I think planning my meals out tonight for tomorrow will be a huge help!!! Wish me luck!

i plan my meals out every nite! I have too. If I don't then I'll just eat anything. I even plan the snacks out. I'l leave 100 cals or so for room for change, but mostly I eat what I plan on eating. That's a good idea!
  • stephanieo78
    Options
    Hello everyone:) I'm new and I haven't really been eating as well as I should. Just slight changes. But I've been uping my exercise at the gym.
    Ever since I moved in with my in-laws (hence home cooking) and had my baby girl a year ago its been a CHALLENGE to shed this weight!
    So far I'm begining to feel motivated. Exercise is really the key because you don't want to eat bad as much since you just worked out. But also I've heard that after you do cardio you have a 30 min window to eat something bad not a lot but a lil. And it won't end up on your thighs!
    My motivation is feeling good about myself and looking good!
    Wish me luck. I need it ha!
  • stephanieo78
    Options
    83719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • obliged
    obliged Posts: 465
    Options
    good luck to both of you girls:flowerforyou:
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Planning your meals/snack is a must. I usually don't plan the night before, but plan while packing my daughter's lunch for camp. As I pack her lunch, I pack my salad, fruit, etc. It has really worked for me.
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    It's only my second day, but i think i've recomended this site to everyone i know who's wanting to shed the pounds,

Good luck both of you
  • battykatty2002
    Options
    It's only my second day, but i think i've recomended this site to everyone i know who's wanting to shed the pounds,

Good luck both of you
  • maggie2020
    Options
    good luck on your weight loss goals... :happy:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Welcome Suni :flowerforyou:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Suni! You'll love it here. The community is so friendly and supportive -- it's really motivating!

I noticed in the "how did you come up with your screename" thread that you're from the lovely Okanagan valley -- my husband was born and raised in Penticton (we live in Calgary now) and we love spending time out in the Okanagan :)

Have a great day!
  • alliestone
    Options
    Well today is day 1 and I just found this site. I really hope it works for me. I have about 90 lbs. I am lookin to lose and have less than a year before my 20 year high school reunion . I am goin to go at least 90 lbs. lighter because I dont want everyone there to see how much I've gained and be the "FAT Girl" I wanta look as hot as I feel . Anyone know just what I mean? There is a hot chic hidding here.

Allie
  • alliestone
    Options
    I noticed youve lost 36 lbs, what are you doin exactly to get to your goal?
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your support. I think this is just what I needed!!!! I'm sooo excited for this journey....first time I've ever been excited to lose weight!!!
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your support. I think this is just what I needed!!!! I'm sooo excited for this journey....first time I've ever been excited to lose weight!!!