Breakfast Poll!

Options
So guys, I have about 17 more pounds to go!!!
Almost there!!!!!!

But besides that, I'm seriously getting bored out on BelVita for breakfast.
Anyone got any breakfast foods?
I'm honestly between...
1.) Egg whites w/ cheese and fruit.
2.) Cereal (yes I drink the milk)
3.) Oatmeal with FLAX!
4.) All of the above... :laugh:

What do YOU eat for breakfast (when trying to lose the last stubborn pounds)?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs, bacon, and fruit.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I eat half cup of high protein fiber cerial like fiber one maple, a sugar free yogurt and 100g fresh blueberries all smooshed together like a parfait. Its tasty and filling.
    An English muffin with almond or peanut butter with fruit spread or jam.

My breakfasts seem to be the same everyday...
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    The same thing I eat when I'm trying to maintain or gain... bacon, eggs, Greek yogurt, sammiches. I break my fast at around noon on
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    This morning I had 3 scrambled eggs, two slices of bacon, and a smoothie made from fresh peaches and spinach. I have to admit, I prefer strawberry banana (and spinach) smoothies. Peaches are so good eaten straight that a smoothie just doesn't do it.
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I make a smoothie every morning for breakfast. Add your favorite fruits, some spinach, yogurt & ice and your good to go.
  • TeriaShae
    TeriaShae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I loooovvveee spinach in my smoothies.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Today I had a protein shake made with Greek yogurt, protein powder, half a banana, and some dark chocolate Peanut Butter & Co PB.

Yesterday I had 3/4c of steel cut oats with half a scoop of protein powder, half a banana, a splash of milk, and some dark chocolate Peanut Butter & Co PB.

The day before that it was a protein shake with peaches in place of the banana & pb.

Tomorrow it will probably be oatmeal and blueberries, because I need to use the last of my berries before they get all shrivelly and gross.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I eat whole eggs and add egg whites from a carton for more volume and protein without the calorie hit. I will generally scramble one egg with the equivalent of 2 egg whites; I wouldn't skip the whole egg as a lot of nutrients are in that yolk. I usually have this with some melon or something and some toast with butter. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, most of my caloric intake comes between noon and bedtime...but I just can't go without breakfast altogether or I get headaches...

On weekends I usually fry up a couple of eggs and a couple slices of bacon...toast with butter and a nice fruit salad or something. I'm usually out and about on the weekends so I tend to eat a larger breakfast to tide me over.
  • skruttan44
    skruttan44 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    don't do breakfast, but since starting logging on MFP in May, I realized I was lacking BIG on protein so usually a protein shake in the morning since I don't prefer to eat in the morning.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I, along with many others, do not eat breakfast

You will find recent threads on this

Breakfast is not essential, you will not die
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    So guys, I have about 17 more pounds to go!!!
    Almost there!!!!!!

But besides that, I'm seriously getting bored out on BelVita for breakfast.
    Anyone got any breakfast foods?
    I'm honestly between...
    1.) Egg whites w/ cheese and fruit.
    2.) Cereal (yes I drink the milk)
    3.) Oatmeal with FLAX!
    4.) All of the above... :laugh:

What do YOU eat for breakfast (when trying to lose the last stubborn pounds)?

Definitely eggs!
  • hzleyez81
    hzleyez81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I drink a chocolate Isalean shake :)
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Respectfully, I think I need to take advice from YOU. Congrats on the awesome weight loss so far:flowerforyou: :drinker:

I like eggs whole, no egg whites for me. Just my taste preference. But yeah, something with protein (like eggs or whites) plus some veggies (spinach omelets ROCK) and a pinch of cheese is a great breakfast. If you need more energy or calories, a 1/2 cup serving of oatmeal or cereal is great to add in there.

I'd do ALL of your choices. Well, not all at once (or maybe...), but have a little variety from day to day to keep it from boring ya too much. Good luck:heart:
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    Yes I understand that I will not die. But when I wake up I am hungry, therefore, I eat breakfast.
    That is the whole reason I posted this.
    *FACE TO PALM*
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    & yes, I love whole eggs as well!! But I like popping my egg whites in the microwave for on the go.
    However, boiled eggs sound delicious for tomorrow morning.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Weeellll this morning I had 2 pieces of french toast made with Dave's Blues bread and real maple syrup. Yesterday was two pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, 1/2 a raw tomato and 1 piece of Dave's skinny bread, Monday was a 2 egg cheese and mushroom omelet.................I love breakfast - can't do without it.
  • TeriaShae
    Options
    If I don't eat breakfast I feel like I'm dragging the whole morning. But I'm just not a coffee drinker so maybe it's just me!
    However, sometimes I do eat a light breakfast depends on if I've had a cheat meal the day before or whatever.
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every morning, I have eggs, lots of veggies, and sausage often with a fruit chaser. Then two hours later, I eat again. My trainer wants me to eat a 30/30 meal immediately after working out (weight lifting), and then another 30/30 meal within 2 hours. So sometimes, the second meal is a 30/30 protein bar, sometimes a 30g protein shake poured over puffed rice cereal, sometimes a 30g protein shake with a banana or low-protein granola bar, sometimes a whole other meal. (Today for my "second breakfast," I made "pancakes" with just egg whites, mashed banana, and walnuts, and ate them with another sausage.)
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think all of your choices look good :) Mix it up! Keep things interesting :D
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just another meal - you can eat anything you like :-)

Yesterday it was savoury mince with heaps of vegetable, this morning it was mixed vegetables, cannelini beans with grilled steak.
    Also had an egg white and ricotta pancake with blueberries and yoghurt, and some chicken risoles with brocolli in this past week