iffym: Calories-2648 Carbs-361 Protein-158 Fat-63.2 Fibre-35

Morning:
Hench protein powder with blue milk 600ml

Lunch:
Brown rice with 1 chicken breast

Dinner:
Brown rice with 1 chicken breast/turkey

***Note, I'm currently not eating this, this is just a plan

This then takes me to eat 478 calories 91g carbs, 15.8g fat, 32g fibre I'm really struggling with what I can eat to hit the rest

Replies

• chaiwaa
    chaiwaa Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No one?
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Porridge shakes with milk and or protein powder. Eat more meals, or eat bigger portions. Eat more calorie dense food. Liquid calories is the way to go if your appetite is ****.
  • JohannaM19
    Options
    For one, you are eating way too much protein and not enough variety. Mix in some fruits and veggies and add some healthy fats like yogurt. The veggies will help with both the carbs and fibre aspect, with the yogurt obviously helping with the fat. Reduced fat cheese or a reasonable amount of full fat cheeses help too.
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Add a cup of cooked lentils to each chicken and rice meal, it'll get you carbs and fibre. :) 230 calories, 18g protein, 40 grams carbs, and 16 grams fibre per cup
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    The way you have it set up, you're getting 54% carbs, 24% protein and 22% fat. That seems fairly reasonable, although the fat seems a little low. You're never going to hit your macro goals or your calories eating only chicken and rice, though. Bulking is a long-term project, and I'm going to guess you'd last a week, maybe two at the outside, before you decide you never ever want to see another d@mn piece of chicken in your life.

Just eat food. Milk, pizza, ice cream, peanut butter, whatever -- unless you have an underlying medical condition, you're allowed to eat anything you want on a bulk. Try to sneak in a fruit and a vegetable every once in awhile too. Scurvy ain't pretty.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Eat some eggs, like 4 or 12, a pound of meat, a couple protein shakes, large amounts of dark leafy green veggies and lettuce, some brown rice or bread and your covered. Apples and a lot of pb if you need some more calories.
  • spatty_harris
    spatty_harris Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For one, you are eating way too much protein

Assuming that by "bulking OP means they are lifting weights as well. 158g of protein is not really that much, especially for someone trying to gain muscle mass.

My advice would be eat more! Eat oatmeal for breakfast made with milk and stir your protein in. At lunch, add some green vegies. Consider switching rice to sweet potato for one meal a day to add a little more variety.
  • JSE150
    JSE150 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to check out my diary, it should be open. I have my macros set Calories 2000, Fat 60, Protein 120, and I'm flexible with my carbs (I can do 245, but seldom do). I don't hit everything exactly, sometimes I go over.

I get a lot of my numbers from:
    Greek Yogurt (by itself, with protein powder added, or with fruit)
    Protein bars (watch the macros)
    Cheese wedges
    Shrimp
    Turkey burger
    Chicken
    Almond milk
    Fruit
  • chaiwaa
    Options
    Hi all

Thanks for the replies, I have instant oats which I can have for breakfast so Ill add that in and some sweet potatoes for dinner instead of rice and also try some lentils to each meal.

Just to add the protein intake is fine as I am lifting so trying to increase muscle gain.
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi Im after some advice on what I can eat to hit my macros info below:

Stats: 5"10 @ 158lb currently bulking

iffym: Calories-2648 Carbs-361 Protein-158 Fat-63.2 Fibre-35

Morning:
    Hench protein powder with blue milk 600ml

Lunch:
    Brown rice with 1 chicken breast

Dinner:
    Brown rice with 1 chicken breast/turkey

***Note, I'm currently not eating this, this is just a plan

This then takes me to eat 478 calories 91g carbs, 15.8g fat, 32g fibre I'm really struggling with what I can eat to hit the rest

you could hit those macros easy with like 2 blended smoothies, by a bulking powder to help you hit them, up the chicken to 200g per serving, with 250g of rice, get the fats you need with peanut butter or almond butter, just just nuts in general, just eat alot of meat, get your rice and starchy veg like potatoes, sweet or white, and pasta, bread, fruit like bananas etc.and eggs
  • ConnorS879
    ConnorS879 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    For one, you are eating way too much protein and not enough variety. Mix in some fruits and veggies and add some healthy fats like yogurt. The veggies will help with both the carbs and fibre aspect, with the yogurt obviously helping with the fat. Reduced fat cheese or a reasonable amount of full fat cheeses help too.

not enough protein in my opinion, I think he should be eating at least 180g and 300-350g of carbs, 50-65g of fats too :)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    nuts (calorically dense)
    Milk
    Beef
    Fish
    Chicken
    Rice
    Sweet potato
    ice cream
    greek yogurt

If you are on a bulk, then anything....hitting calories is the big thing
  • chaiwaa
    Options
    Ok, so with the feedback I have come up with this:

Morning
    -100g instant oats with 600ml green milk

Lunch
    -Chicken breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

Dinner
    -Turkey breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

That gives me a total of cals: 2714(over by 66) Carbs: 320(40 left to hit) Pro:215(over by 57) Fat:63.2(reached) Fib:40.8(5.9over)

How is this looking now?
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Ok, so with the feedback I have come up with this:

Morning
    -100g instant oats with 600ml green milk

Lunch
    -Chicken breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

Dinner
    -Turkey breast 200g
    -Brown rice 100g
    -Lentils 1 cup

That gives me a total of cals: 2714(over by 66) Carbs: 320(40 left to hit) Pro:215(over by 57) Fat:63.2(reached) Fib:40.8(5.9over)

How is this looking now?

Make it any foods you want that hit your caloric goals and macro goals
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    not for nothing- but I see nothing green in there. rice and chicken is great- but you need some veggies.

stop trying to control it as a fixed diet.

Eat chicken- steak- beef. burgers.
    bacon and eggs and milk

eat veggies- whatever ones you like

rice- sweet potatoes- fruit- ice cream and cookies.

You're trying to gain weight- so eat more food and don't' make it a fixed thing- life isn't about fixed diets unless your competing for the stage- it's just never going to work.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    You are bulking. Yet you haven't listed ice cream, pop tarts, pizza, or hot wings.

Your bulk makes me sad.

Do_Not_Want_Dog_(1).jpg
  • chaiwaa
    Options
    You are bulking. Yet you haven't listed ice cream, pop tarts, pizza, or hot wings.

Your bulk makes me sad.

Do_Not_Want_Dog_(1).jpg

Not to sure why these are necessary ?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Your bulk makes me sad.

Do_Not_Want_Dog_(1).jpg

Not to sure why these are necessary ?

because bulking is all about the gains and getting calories- no one wants to eat 10 baked chickens and 50 buckets of qunoia.

Bump the calorie content for the day by eating things that are delicious!!!
    Now if you hate and or are allergic to ice cream and pizza then by all means don't eat it- but there is no reason on a bulk to NOT eat all those things.
    Seriously. eat ALL of the things.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    This is great information.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

because bulking is all about the gains and getting calories- no one wants to eat 10 baked chickens and 50 buckets of qunoia.

Bump the calorie content for the day by eating things that are delicious!!!
    Now if you hate and or are allergic to ice cream and pizza then by all means don't eat it- but there is no reason on a bulk to NOT eat all those things.
    Seriously. eat ALL of the things.

So much QFT I can't even stand it.