Soup calories?

Options
SnuggleSmacks
SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
So I have a question about calories in canned soup, and I think I know the answer, but I would like to confirm:

The calories listed on the soup (once you multiply for the number of servings) is for the entire can, including all the broth, right? I mean, the can of Progresso chicken and orzo soup I'm eating at 100 cals per serving, 200 cals per can, is including all the salty, lemony broth that I might just drink up after the solid parts are gone, correct? I ask because it occurs to me that I normally don't drink the remaining broth, and therefore I might be shorting myself a bit on the cals...but then, the broth probably don't contain much. This most likely isn't a big enough difference to impact my menu for the day, but I would still like to know.

Replies

• Elretardo616
    Options
    There will be cals in the broth but probably less than the solid food. If you are eating a whole tin then you're eating all the calories stated in the info. If you skip the soupy part then you will be losing some calories but the net effect will be practically nothing id imagine.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    yes, the entire can. and the broth is about 10-15 calories a cup.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Good. I didn't particularly want to get in the habit of drinking it if it wasn't accounted for, but I figured it was. And this particular broth is especially tasty!