Am i losing weight too fast?

Options
Need some advice. Im on my 23rd day. So far i have lost 9 pounds. I lost 2.2 on my first week, 2.7 on my second week and then suddenly lost 4.4 on my 3rd week. My first two weeks, i constantly exceed my calorie limit but i don't exceed it in large quantities. my limit is 1310, and i usually average 1500 - 1800 which is still not bad since my daily calorie intake before i started was around 2200. then on my 3rd week, i was getting used to the calorie limit. i only exceeded my calorie goal once within 7 days. I also started c25k on my 3rd week. However as part of being under the calorie goal, I sometime felt hungry. of course i knew it was probably because I was bored. I snack alot in the past due to boredom. but today it got really bad. i was on my way to work and my stomach kept rumbling. It continued throughout the afternoon. so for my dinner i decided to eat big. i still did not go beyond my calorie goal. I just substituted my usual bran cereal and skim milk for cup of rice and real solid meat. i am concerned that i might be going a bit extreme in this 3rd week and it is turning into a diet instead of a lifestyle change.

Replies

• jrpenafiel
    jrpenafiel Posts: 25
    Options
    bump
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    With 48 lbs. to go, a healthy loss is 1 lb. per week. Open your diary for personalized advice.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    Wow thanks for the quick reply. I will read the topic. Thank you.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    Well I would say it depends on your wright and to lose a large amount in the start is not to rare. I was way heavier than you but I lost 16 lbs one week in the start. It moved to a more regular loss of 2-3 lbs after that :) So I would say its normal but I agree open up your food diary so we can view it and offer you tips :)
  • madbrainDotCom
    madbrainDotCom Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    No, I don't think it's too fast. I lost 8 lbs my first 3 days . Afterwards it slowed, more like 1.2 lb a week average.
  • Quoop
    Quoop Posts: 6
    Options
    It really depends on a lot of factors. One could be your sodium intake.

While rapid fat loss is great you may not want to lose weight so rapidly for an extended period of time. Depending on your goals and body composition you may not want to lose more than a few lbs a week.

If you have simply been limiting food you can try increasing your daily intake by 400 calories daily. Again this is completely dependent on your situation

Edit: Okay noticed you started a new exercise program, if you do this while at a sever deficit your not going to have a fun time. Depending on whether this program is in addition to your current routine or you are replacing something else then you can try to up your calorie.
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    Sir how do I open my diary? Sorry if still beginner.
  • jrpenafiel
    Options
    Ok got it. My food diary is now public.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You're a 25-year-old guy, and your goal is 1,500 calories?! I eat that for maintenance, and I'm only 5'2".

Set your goal to 1 lb. per week, and please read the Sexypants post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants