Unable to lose weight. Help!

Options
I am 24 years old. 5ft 4in. 175 lbs. I started a workout program and meal plan 2.5 weeks ago and have not lost any weight. I workout 5-6 times a week for an hr. Plus work a part time job with two little ones at home. Before starting this new program I ate really unhealthy. Pizza, ate out a lot, had anywhere from 2-3 pepsis a day and so on. So I guess this is why I am so frustrated. I have changed so much and have not lost a single lb. I am the same weight from day 1. What am I doing wrong? Im staying under 1600 calories a day as my trainer told me to do. Any advice? I feel very discouraged.

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Your feelings are very understandable. I've been there... but you wont stay there, I promise. How are you tracking progress (weighing, measuring, pics, etc)? Sometimes the progress doesn't show on the scale. For example, I've been the same weight for the last month, but I've dropped an entire pant size.
    If you're doing all the right things, things will change. Sometimes it takes our bodies longer to get on board than we would like. I spent the first 60 days of P90X seeing very few changes, and then in the last 30 days everything changed drastically. Stay the course, keep asking for support, and look for progress everywhere you can.
    Feel free to hit me up if you need anything.
    Best wishes
  • Nayome112109
    Options
    My trainer weighed me, took measurements, picture and body fat %. My next official weigh in and measurements wont be taken for another 4 weeks so I don't know where I am other than my scale at home. Thank you for the support. It feels pretty sucky seeing the same number week after week!
  • flawwd
    flawwd Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Had a quick peek at your diary and wondering if you're eating enough food actually. If you go too low, you shut your metabolic rate right down. I'd suggest adding in something for breakfast for starters, and trying to get a little closer to your daily limit. Good luck!
  • gary241069
    gary241069 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Make a list for what you are trying to achieve. Weight loss is not always first priority. Here's mine.

Reasons for Health And Fitness:
    1. Stop feeling lazy and get away from the phrase "I can't be annoyed"
    2. Get a better sleep pattern and feel better refreshed in the morning
    3. Finding the ability to concentrate better and make less mistakes
    4. Have more energy and be more alert
    5. Achieve my goal then keep it there. If I go too far then I fail
    6. Know I have a 90 % less chance of catching the latest illness going about
    7. Feeling strong and keeping up daily tasks for longer periods without struggling for energy

Nothing of what I am trying to achieve has anything to do with weight loss.
    Weight loss is important for so many people but it is not first priority for everyone
    make your own list and make your own achievements realistic or it' not worth doing.
  • billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I just looked at your diary too and you're not only skipping breakfast but consistently eating under your calories sometimes by 500+ kcals! I'm no expert but if your trainer recommended 1600 it was for a very good reason. I would up your calories and see where things go in the next week or so.
    Good luck!
    Billy x
  • msheldon88
    msheldon88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more. I have the same stats as you and have found in the past if I eat too little it's impossible for me to lose weight. For example, if I eat 1200 calories I can't lose at all but if I eat around 1350 I lose all day long. Consider making it your goal to be closer to your target calorie. I have a feeling that will work. Additionally, slowly start to implement exercise if you haven't already. Don't give up! Sometimes it can be a slow process but it's worth it in the end!
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    Hello Nayome...

My name is Dances with Wow...

I saw your opening statement and well..I want to say you are doing every thing right..at being a good listener

I wnat to become a friend so I will give you a million dollars worth of rock solid direction

Instead of being a jsut an ordinary listener lets tap your life force..and help you become a great self solver. Here is the skinny...There is a learning relationship with your body your trainer is simply unable able to relate on your level.

All you have gleaned is academic text book out of date, out of touch, out of step with todays lifestyle. The training you are doing is for someone who can sleep half the day.. some who can eat 6 or 7 meals and have a sponsor to boot.

The training you are doing is a barbarian at the gate approach to getting healthy loosing unwanted body and exuding life force. The idea is.. lets max out every system , take you from zero to sixty ..in a rocket suit you have no idea how to wear nor adjust to inorder to experience the miracle and wonder of the speed of light life and thought wizzing right by.

You have zero learning relationship taking place that you can make correction for.

Here is the antidote for a body that is sqauarely about to abort.

First of all your trainer is going to hate me because is a livelihood i am messing with however take your training down to twice a week..YES only two times....just to regroup..

each week you will gradually add a day back..until you get to four.. no more than four..

The other three days your focus will be on building a food energy plan not just for you but your kids as well.. notice i didnt say diet plan a food energy plan..

this arae doenst give a space to post an example but can provide you one so you can see first hand..what a really great one looks like.. a food energy plan puts worries to rest. A food energy plan plans ahead instead of behind or on the fly.. a food energy is an all in one 30 day panoramic of anticipated food energy before the unexpected happens.

It also allow syou to eat sugar, have pepsi, make changes in a way that agrees with the one reason you have yet to loose an once of weight based on the killer work you are doing...

Your unwanted body fat is fully weaponized to protect you from the overkill. Weaponized is a term that describes your inability to produce a potent, strong and sustained fighting force of lipolytic enzymes. Lipolyic enzymes are the only agents of the body that can command body fat to stand down. Period! No ifs no ands no guessing about it.. Any body says otherwise I can provide 50 blow them out of the water reasons they never knew existed that will leave them dumbfounded and afraid..

If there is No enzyme release or enough of them nyou get absolutely no body fat burn..Its another story why calories are such BS..but I will save that for another episode..

Your job from hear on out is to teach your body to secrete, empower and replace them in number ... create a metabolic armed forces at will..

The first order of business is to calculate your protein number..(Pn#) This calculation provides the basis for how much to feed your millions of hormonally charged metabolic men..They want to do the job but you keep paying them low wages..and those wages before they get to them get stolen because the exercise thief demands a high dollar tariff before the soldiers are ever being paid.

To put it mildly you are metabolically bankrupt..and all of your fighting force of hormonally charged soldiers account have been frozen..

You have to get out bankruptcy before you can hope to move forward..Your training as is with a majority out there they knwo what they have been taught but they are unable to transfer it to learning..an subsequently teaching it across the board to others.. Not that he or she isnt a good motivator..its they dont knwo that motivation occurs differently for every one..or how to repackage it for any number of fitness aspirations they may end up getting paid to serve..

You possess contained discipline thats about to expire..What going to help you are self test tools that verify, authenticate, and validate your efforts from step a to step z..

I have provided step A B and C - cut training to two days to regroup add one per week til 4 no more
    Build a food energy Plan- you need a template- the best one thats ever been invented for the general population..look me up
    calculate your protein number (Pn#) this your baseline biometric of your metabolic need. Its your life force and metabolic naster key for the entire replenishment system of your body.

You dont dial in you stay stuck.. its just that simple..

If you would like the rest of the steps..D E F and G..

Get the shock paddles out because your heart will really stop when I explain what in the steps is done next...

Sorry to all readers I have yet to upload raw data and useful PDF's.. a few more request will be push things along though

I think steps D E Fand G has something to do with a pilot meal.. not breakfast.. and remembering a super teaching acronym CCERP..

My name is Dances with WOW

and I would love for you to accept me as your friend..
    providing advice you will never outgrow

the set c is

Okay..

much less you out and d no where on this plane or the next

Two kids..a job..working out abnormally high for jsut starting out..Your system is on overload..Literally.. being a good listener has only yielded three things from what I can tell.
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Sugar buns, you have to eat more! If you eat enough, eat WELL, and get in plenty of water, everything will work out. Just stay active like you have been and eat enough calories. Sending you love!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hello Nayome...

I saw your opening statement and well..I want to say you are doing every thing right..at being a good listener

I wnat to become a friend so I will give you a million dollars worth of rock solid direction

Instead of being a jsut an ordinary listener lets tap your life force..and help you become a great self solver. Here is the skinny...There is a learning relationship with your body your trainer is simply unable able to relate on your level.

All you have gleaned is academic text book out of date, out of touch, out of step with todays lifestyle. The training you are doing is for someone who can sleep half the day.. some who can eat 6 or 7 meals and have a sponsor to boot.

The training you are doing is a barbarian at the gate approach to getting healthy loosing unwanted body and exuding life force. The idea is.. lets max out every system , take you from zero to sixty ..in a rocket suit you have no idea how to wear nor adjust to inorder to experience the miracle and wonder of the speed of light life and thought wizzing right by.

You have zero learning relationship taking place that you can make correction for.

First of all your trainer is going to hate me because is a livelihood i am messing with however take your training down to twice a week..YES only two times....just to regroup..

each week you will gradually add a day back..until you get to four.. no more than four..

The other three days your focus will be on building a food energy plan not just for you but your kids as well.. notice i didnt say diet plan a food energy plan..

this arae doenst give a space to post an example but can provide you one so you can see first hand..what a really great one looks like.. a food energy plan puts worries to rest. A food energy plan plans ahead instead of behind or on the fly.. a food energy is an all in one 30 day panoramic of anticipated food energy before the unexpected happens.

It also allow syou to eat sugar, have pepsi, make changes in a way that agrees with the one reason you have yet to loose an once of weight based on the killer work you are doing...

Your unwanted body fat is fully weaponized to protect you from the overkill. Weaponized is a term that describes your inability to produce a potent, strong and sustained fighting force of lipolytic enzymes. Lipolyic enzymes are the only agents of the body that can command body fat to stand down. Period! No ifs no ands no guessing about it.. Any body says otherwise I can provide 50 blow them out of the water reasons they never knew existed that will leave them dumbfounded and afraid..

If there is No enzyme release or enough of them nyou get absolutely no body fat burn..Its another story why calories are such BS..but I will save that for another episode..

Your job from hear on out is to teach your body to secrete, empower and replace them in number ... create a metabolic armed forces at will..

The first order of business is to calculate your protein number..(Pn#) This calculation provides the basis for how much to feed your millions of hormonally charged metabolic men..They want to do the job but you keep paying them low wages..and those wages before they get to them get stolen because the exercise thief demands a high dollar tariff before the soldiers are ever being paid.

To put it mildly you are metabolically bankrupt..and all of your fighting force of hormonally charged soldiers account have been frozen..

You have to get out bankruptcy before you can hope to move forward..Your training as is with a majority out there they knwo what they have been taught but they are unable to transfer it to learning..an subsequently teaching it across the board to others.. Not that he or she isnt a good motivator..its they dont knwo that motivation occurs differently for every one..or how to repackage it for any number of fitness aspirations they may end up getting paid to serve..

You possess contained discipline thats about to expire..What going to help you are self test tools that verify, authenticate, and validate your efforts from step a to step z..

I have provided step A B and C - cut training to two days to regroup add one per week til 4 no more
    Build a food energy Plan- you need a template- the best one thats ever been invented for the general population..look me up
    calculate your protein number (Pn#) this your baseline biometric of your metabolic need. Its your life force and metabolic naster key for the entire replenishment system of your body.

Get the shock paddles out because your heart will really stop when I explain what in the steps is done next...

Sorry to all readers I have yet to upload raw data and useful PDF's.. a few more request will be push things along though

I think steps D E Fand G has something to do with a pilot meal.. not breakfast.. and remembering a super teaching acronym CCERP..

the set c is

Okay..

Two kids..a job..working out abnormally high for jsut starting out..Your system is on overload..Literally.. being a good listener has only yielded three things from what I can tell.

:noway:

I have no IDEA what helpful message you are trying to say.......maybe I am just dense but this is so confusing and rambling.

OP:

Have looked back thru your diary entries and can offer these insights:

Too many quick add calories - leads to inaccuracies.
    Measuring by Cups or Generic description ie: 1 large egg need gram weight ditto with inaccuracies.
    Several times where you have been way under calorie allowance of the 1600 you speak of.....others where intake is at 800, 1000 and it doesn't appear you are eating back some or all of the exercise calories allowed by MFP.

Are you deliberately low-carbing?? Many times there is way less than your allotment, none of which I saw coming from veg. Don't know if you aren't a fan but with all the training you are doing carbs are pretty essential for energy, the most successful people on the forums talk about making sure to hit your Macros, ie Carbs, Protein and Fats ....you'll feel better, fuel better workouts and your body needs the nutrition.

These are just my insights.....I really tried to eat the goal set by MFP.....I mean why use this site to just not do it's recommendations....maybe you have your loss set on the max of 2lbs a week and have fallen for the belief that if 1600 cal will give me that loss then "Hey 1000 calories are gonna make this happen faster".

Please read using the search button the Topics of Your guide to Sexypants, In Place of a RoadMap and Eat, Train Progress (I think these key words will get you there).

Hopefully others who are more knowledgeable and eloquent on these matters will chime in with their advice.....

Wishing you all the best.
  • Nayome112109
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I hate breakfast but will def try harder to eat a bigger one and get closer to my calorie intake goal.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Had a quick peek at your diary and wondering if you're eating enough food actually. If you go too low, you shut your metabolic rate right down. I'd suggest adding in something for breakfast for starters, and trying to get a little closer to your daily limit. Good luck!

Metabolic rate only shuts down when you are dead.
  • KCBrue1
    KCBrue1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Your food diary looked really bad. You need more variety, and real foods. NO MORE OLIVES.
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much! I hate breakfast but will def try harder to eat a bigger one and get closer to my calorie intake goal.

With your diary being open, I took a look.

Here's what I can see from my own experience . . . . so take it with a grain of salt

Log what you actually eat: If you got to being overweight by eating crappy food, I have a hard time believing you did it on 800 calories (which was your intake for one day as logged). If you eat something and no one sees it, your body sees it and knows it so log it.

If you don't record what you eat - and it doesn't have to be on here, it can be in a food journal if that suits your best - then you can't really make any progress.

More real foods and well balanced meals might also help out!

I do a lot of meal prepping because of being really busy during the week so if you'd like to discuss meal prepping ideas more I would be more than happy to.

Best of Luck!
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hello Nayome...

the set c is

Okay..

Did you know you look a heck of a lot like Preston Burke from Grey's Anatomy?

I have a feeling you aren't really him . . . . and I have no idea what you're rambling on about up there.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I just looked at your diary too and you're not only skipping breakfast but consistently eating under your calories sometimes by 500+ kcals! I'm no expert but if your trainer recommended 1600 it was for a very good reason. I would up your calories and see where things go in the next week or so.
    Good luck!
    Billy x

Agreed.

OP: You need to make sure you are hitting your 1600 caloric goal. Also, if you are not using a food scale, purchase one and use it to weigh ALL food that goes into your mouth.
  • nikiste
    nikiste Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Your "breakfast" doesn't have to be an actual breakfast, if you're not into breakfast foods! Just make sure you get in either 3 good-sized meals or 6 smaller meals. You don't have to wake up to pancakes and bacon; I've definitely had pasta for "breakfast" before. Just make sure you're eating enough and try to keep an eye on your nutrition tabs. It's hard, I know. I have a rough time with it all, too. But you can do it!
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    You're expecting too much too soon. Remember 1 pound is 3500 calories, now while you've cut back on your calories somewhat you have to ask yourself honestly have you either eaten 3500 calories less in one week or burned that much thru exercise?

Its just simple math, calories in versus calories out. Also while you may have eliminated some pizza out of your diet, remember that a calorie is a calorie whether it comes from carrots or cookies, protein, fat or carbs, and including healthy foods, they still have calories.

You have to be consistent with logging in everything you eat.
  • Lost_in_Transformation
    Options
    Bump