Pizza Quesadillas

Options
Alice_in_VVonderland
Alice_in_VVonderland Posts: 67 Member
This is probably ultra lame, but it's my first time posting a recipe.:flowerforyou:

b80f1e99-6a20-449a-bd6e-9d43f2ce86c3.png

I forgot to cut up the red bell pepper to add to this, but it's an ingredient I definitely recommend because it has SO much Vitamin C. I don't normally have pepperoni on hand, so this generally ends up being vegetarian.

I added a dash of Italian seasoning, as well as a pinch of salt/garlic/onion/pepper that I've pre-mixed.

You'll want to spray a frying pan with no-calorie cooking spray, and put it on the low side of medium. Covering the pan with a lid will help melt the cheese so you don't fling everything all over the kitchen when you try to flip this darn thing. Both sides should be crispy and light golden brown and your cheese should be goo.

I also serve my pizza sauce cold on the side, rather than putting it on the quesadilla.

Another variation is to leave it open-faced and build it like a regular personal thin crust pizza with the sauce on it. You'll want that in the oven around 425 I think for 15-20 minutes. I've heard putting it directly on the shelf in the oven will help crisp up the whole tortilla, but mine was still a bit floppy. I think I had the shelf too high. It's a pizza, it's basically done when it looks done.:bigsmile:

Disclaimer:
Your toppings may vary.

Replies

• cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It seems yummy... I must try..:drinker:
  • WishUponAStarx
    WishUponAStarx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stephb130181
    stephb130181 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I've only just found the world of Quesadillas! They are lush and you can literally put anything you like into them! I will definitely be trying this recipe! Thanks for sharing.