Tips to gain weight fast!!

Options
Hi I'm 6ft1 and 18 with a high metabolism so I'm classed as underweight which I need to change as I want to join the RAF!
So if you's have any tips to gain weight fast please tell me aha.
I've currently got serious mass protein but I also need other methods of weight gain so any help would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

Replies

• jcranston13
    Options
    Hi I'm 6ft1 and 18 with a high metabolism so I'm classed as underweight which I need to change as I want to join the RAF!
    I've currently got serious mass protein but I also need other methods of weight gain so any help would be greatly appreciated! :happy:
    Eat all the foods and lift heavy things.
  • robweaver77
    Options
    Join a gym with a squat rack and barbells. Find a beginner barbell program like Starting Strength. Go here and enter your info: http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/. Go for an aggressive bulk when given the option. Go with the other default options. Eat roughly those amounts of carbs, fats and protein. Kick *kitten*.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    A family sized bag of chips a day! Live the dream!
  • azk_
    azk_ Posts: 1
    Options
    Here's a tip for you : Be patient
    Simply because there is no way to gain muscle mass fast without steroids.
    It takes BLOOD, SWEAT AND YEARS.

To gain weight you must eat more calories then you burn each days. Start with something like 2800 calories per days
    and weight yourself every weeks to check on your progress. Aim for AT LEAST 175 grams of protein per day
    If after a week you didnt gain anything or even worst, you lost weight, up the calories by 100 or 200 more per days and check again after a week and keep going.
    Train hard, eat even harder and sleep hard, at least 8 hours per nights, 9 is even better.

Good luck
  • FitnessLover001
    FitnessLover001 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Eat everything in the fridge, and on the counter tops, maybe the cat too……..
    ;)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

EAT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!

But I would also do weight lifting along with it....
    Because downside of above is you will put on a lot of fat...

But ice cream, nuts, nut spreads.....high calorie
    Beef
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Also I am 6'1" and twice your age...
    Currently sit at ~168
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Here's a tip for you : Be patient
    Simply because there is no way to gain muscle mass fast without steroids.
    It takes BLOOD, SWEAT AND YEARS.

To gain weight you must eat more calories then you burn each days. Start with something like 2800 calories per days
    and weight yourself every weeks to check on your progress. Aim for AT LEAST 175 grams of protein per day
    If after a week you didnt gain anything or even worst, you lost weight, up the calories by 100 or 200 more per days and check again after a week and keep going.
    Train hard, eat even harder and sleep hard, at least 8 hours per nights, 9 is even better.

Good luck

How on earth is a 6'1" 18yr old with a fast metabolism going to gain on 2800/day?

You are 18 - go aggressive bulk all the way. I would also cardio because thats what you will be doing in basic and you don't want to drop the weight during that and not pass ie - eat enough to fuel muscle growth and all the cardio you'll be doing. I'm reckoning at least 3400 cal/day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

EAT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!

But I would also do weight lifting along with it....
    Because downside of above is you will put on a lot of fat...

But ice cream, nuts, nut spreads.....high calorie
    Beef

this.

eat all the things. constantly- all the time- eat your "whole foods" chicken veggies etc- but don't shy away from high calorie "junk foods" those are perfect for hard gainers- ice cream- cheese cake smoothies- whatever it takes.

Macro-nutrients are nice- but when you are gaining- calories are king.

and lift.

ALL.
    THE.
    THINGS.
    How on earth is a 6'1" 18yr old with a fast metabolism going to gain on 2800/day?
    also seconded this.
    esp an 18 male. it's going to be 3500 at LEAST.
    I wasn't gaining enough on 3000- and I'm 2x his age and a woman.
  • gimmieonemore
    gimmieonemore Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just eat a ton of high calorie food. Think high fat because it's the most calorie dense. Things like ice cream, cheese, and peanut butter should add up quickly. Eat every couple hours. Don't stress too much on protein, because that can be overly filing for some people and cause you to not be able to eat as many calories.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options

Great problem to have. Eat more foods, and eat denser foods (protein, fats.) Lots of nuts, avocados, etc. They taste good and pack a lot of calories.

the key for you is probably going to be what gimmeonemore mentioned, eat every few hours whether you want to or not. it's going to take some adjustment but you'll get there.

Good luck!
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    play world of warcraft
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    play world of warcraft

omigosh, I'm crying at this response. :laugh::laugh::drinker:
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    CAK0001.jpg

slideshow10.jpg

09chip-600.jpg

20130102__web_010213-sub-blueberry-pie_300.jpg

0003800032753_500X500.jpg

13391702.jpg

Krispy-Kreme-doughnuts-007.jpg

fresh-peach-cobbler-7.jpg

Live the dream, bro. Live the dream.
  • DanceswithWow
    Options
    OUCH!

What I read as advice for you my man is well not very encouraging..
    No do not chow down on ery thing in sight...

as a matter of fact if you do..the food frequency alone will cause you to loose more.. weight

My Name is Dances Wow
    and I can hep you pack on a solid clean mound of scultped performance based flesh as fast as I can help those loose it..

Think of me as Master Gardener and Anatomy landscape Artist
    your plight is normal.. and at 18.. the learning curve is steep..but to your credit the hormone testosterone will mke this happen quick.

I dont want to waste your time because the military route is a big step and they have protocol you will need to adjust to after to absorb the info I am putting up on this board..

First off Calories wont matter.. Your body is naturally producing a high amount of lipolytic enzymes and there is most likley very
    a good amount of brown adipose tissue.. this is science speak for heavy population of blood vessels around low body fat..

most people trying to loose dont have a lot of red blood vessels running through there body fat...which is cardio is so important for them

For you cardio is required but is an enemy so you have to approach cardio with strike force mentality.. get in tap it get out replace all resources greater than the previous cardio session before.. Replace resource greater than the session before... 12 minutes hit hit and be done.. and very seldom on the same day you lift

Food energy.... Your eating is not about calories and calories out.. your eating is selecting the best weapon possible for every occasion..For instance instead of breakfast look to start your day with a Pilot Meal..

Pilot meal consists of your protein number each and ever time you eat.. you can only mis between 12 and 15% during the week. Missing simply signals your hormones that they may soon become overdrawn and by default decide to freeze your metabolic bank account..

Your meal count at first is 28 per peek. thats optimum for most.. but should be adjusted up by 10% a week if your weight still has not moved.. so the following week your food energy might be 28 meals /week x 10% is 2.8 additional meals

This comes to 30.8 total meals per week where you are meeting your bodies need for the right amount of protein for the level of The exercise you are doing..

you may not need up meal count but here is the formula..

In every meal to shut down the lipolyic enzyme that over weight people have a hard time turning on.. you have to give it this hormone beneficial fat.. safflower oils, olive oils, almond oils, Medium chain trigycerides.. a really good one is call Parrilo MCT Oil..

these oils you use in conjunction with leafy greens grains and legumes..This will help yoou pack on fat free muscle because you are properly manipulating the environment for which new muscle can propagate.

So steady and consistent meal count.. at least 28 for the week to start

Reduce lipolytic enzyme potency with Good fats.. safflower olive and MCTs with leafy greens, legumes and grains..

Eat at an all you can eat buffet once a week at least and twice if you can afford it since you have nOT yet learned to batch cook ahead all your portein needs for workouts ahead

Work out do not max lift more than twice.. use weights at 65% of max..and group them into basic power movement categories..

Dont spend an hour on over prepping chest or upper body parts and glaze over legs.. with poo poo lifts

Do just the opposite.. if you can max out on legs say 225 train at 60 to 70 percent of this max lift alternating using squats on one sessions, dead lifts the next and power cleans the thrid.. if you energy left then tap upper body with cardio of 12 minutes or less.

big Tip alwsy eat with 20 to 30 minutes after every work out.. this gospel for building muscle with out a bunch a fat around it..

The idea is the body uses all of this food energy because its ready to recieve it...

Last two tips drink plenty of high alkaline water8.5 to 9.5 Ph+ to carry away the hormone waste that used up muscle tissue leaves behind. This ensures.. you wont be fighting toxins which love to eat the tasty buds of new muscle proteins..

I didnt mention sleeping with the temp in the room lower than normal..

however...if these tips are helpfull..

friend me.. and I can provide the last piece of the puzzle

My name is Dances with Wow

and I can help you exude lifeforce
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    OUCH!

What I read as advice for you my man is well not very encouraging..
    No do not chow down on ery thing in sight...

as a matter of fact if you do..the food frequency alone will cause you to loose more.. weight

My Name is Dances Wow
    and I can hep you pack on a solid clean mound of scultped performance based flesh as fast as I can help those loose it..

Think of me as Master Gardener and Anatomy landscape Artist
    your plight is normal.. and at 18.. the learning curve is steep..but to your credit the hormone testosterone will mke this happen quick.

I dont want to waste your time because the military route is a big step and they have protocol you will need to adjust to after to absorb the info I am putting up on this board..

First off Calories wont matter.. Your body is naturally producing a high amount of lipolytic enzymes and there is most likley very
    a good amount of brown adipose tissue.. this is science speak for heavy population of blood vessels around low body fat..

most people trying to loose dont have a lot of red blood vessels running through there body fat...which is cardio is so important for them

For you cardio is required but is an enemy so you have to approach cardio with strike force mentality.. get in tap it get out replace all resources greater than the previous cardio session before.. Replace resource greater than the session before... 12 minutes hit hit and be done.. and very seldom on the same day you lift

Food energy.... Your eating is not about calories and calories out.. your eating is selecting the best weapon possible for every occasion..For instance instead of breakfast look to start your day with a Pilot Meal..

Pilot meal consists of your protein number each and ever time you eat.. you can only mis between 12 and 15% during the week. Missing simply signals your hormones that they may soon become overdrawn and by default decide to freeze your metabolic bank account..

Your meal count at first is 28 per peek. thats optimum for most.. but should be adjusted up by 10% a week if your weight still has not moved.. so the following week your food energy might be 28 meals /week x 10% is 2.8 additional meals

This comes to 30.8 total meals per week where you are meeting your bodies need for the right amount of protein for the level of The exercise you are doing..

you may not need up meal count but here is the formula..

In every meal to shut down the lipolyic enzyme that over weight people have a hard time turning on.. you have to give it this hormone beneficial fat.. safflower oils, olive oils, almond oils, Medium chain trigycerides.. a really good one is call Parrilo MCT Oil..

these oils you use in conjunction with leafy greens grains and legumes..This will help yoou pack on fat free muscle because you are properly manipulating the environment for which new muscle can propagate.

So steady and consistent meal count.. at least 28 for the week to start

Reduce lipolytic enzyme potency with Good fats.. safflower olive and MCTs with leafy greens, legumes and grains..

Eat at an all you can eat buffet once a week at least and twice if you can afford it since you have nOT yet learned to batch cook ahead all your portein needs for workouts ahead

Work out do not max lift more than twice.. use weights at 65% of max..and group them into basic power movement categories..

Dont spend an hour on over prepping chest or upper body parts and glaze over legs.. with poo poo lifts

Do just the opposite.. if you can max out on legs say 225 train at 60 to 70 percent of this max lift alternating using squats on one sessions, dead lifts the next and power cleans the thrid.. if you energy left then tap upper body with cardio of 12 minutes or less.

big Tip alwsy eat with 20 to 30 minutes after every work out.. this gospel for building muscle with out a bunch a fat around it..

The idea is the body uses all of this food energy because its ready to recieve it...

Last two tips drink plenty of high alkaline water8.5 to 9.5 Ph+ to carry away the hormone waste that used up muscle tissue leaves behind. This ensures.. you wont be fighting toxins which love to eat the tasty buds of new muscle proteins..

I didnt mention sleeping with the temp in the room lower than normal..

however...if these tips are helpfull..

friend me.. and I can provide the last piece of the puzzle

My name is Dances with Wow

and I can help you exude lifeforce

I just...WHAT???
  • robweaver77
    Options
    ^No