Haters (rant)

Options
leadslinger17
leadslinger17 Posts: 297 Member
"Haters gonna hate" is possibly the stupidest saying I've ever heard. It is narcissistic and delusional. No, lets not even consider that maybe you are misinformed or straight out wrong, it's just people being "haters". A person's actions couldn't possibly be the cause of people not liking them, others just "hate" for no reason. Do you really think people focus on you enough to be a "hater"?

The internet seems to breed this mentality that you are a special little snowflake, and everything you do is super awesome, and you deserve great things for no other reason than you exist. I think you have to do something great in order to deserve great things. There is something to be said for being at peace with who you are, but there is also something to be said for having enough humility and self-awareness to realize that maybe (just maybe) the problem is you and you could make a positive change in your life. Ironically, this is a fitness site and everyone who is here at some point had to say yeah I like myself, but it's not just "haters" thinking I am out of shape with unhealthy habits... this is actual the truth. And yet I see the stupid "haters" phrase thrown around left and right.

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    It's gonna be okay.
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Are you having a bad day? :flowerforyou:
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    Nope, just think it's a dumb phrase that needs to die out lol
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Make a post about it
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Tell me who hurt you...
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Sorry, don't understand what you are saying.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_molnl1Dxhh1qz4rgp.gif
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Stop hating on the hate sayers!

You know what you need? A flying zombo, that's what you need.
  • leadslinger17
    Options
    This is the point where someone who likes this phrase would dismiss all your obvious snarkiness as being "haters". I'll just accept that no one shares my annoyance at this phrase and move on :laugh: :wink:
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    OP, need a hug?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    This is the point where someone who likes this phrase would dismiss all your obvious snarkiness as being "haters". I'll just accept that no one shares my annoyance at this phrase and move on :laugh: :wink:

It's very annoying, childish, and even my teenager doesn't say it, but I'm not going to cry about it here.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options

waitwaitwaitwait.....

Did you just surreptitiously call everyone a hater?

tumblr_moudm8DvhZ1relg8bo2_250.gif
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

I know a few people commenting in this thread also hate the word and share your "annoyance".

But if I had rants about all the things that annoyed me, I'd have my own dedicated dedicated forum. Itsfuntoberanty, would be its name.

ETA: Rants are what I used my status updates for.
  • w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    2yyxb0h.jpg
  • stickersticker
    stickersticker Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I dislike the phrases "yolo" and "it is what it is" more than haters gonna hate..........cause that's what they're supposed to do.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't mind "Haters gonna hate" as much as I mind "Haters gone hate."

I don't know how "gone" became slang for "going to" but it bothers me more than it should.

If the dictionary accepts this atrocity, I'm switching exclusively to Victorian English for casual conversation.

Apparently, our language is turning into an anything goes freak show.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Haters gonna hate haters.
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I prefer lovers gonna love :heart:
  • NettaB25
    NettaB25 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    ya'll are funny :laugh: