Breakfast Poll!

Options

Replies

• crfeen
    crfeen Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, a slice of whole wheat toast and a piece or 2 of turkey bacon! That's my favorite breakfast ever!
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I fast for breakfast and have my first meal around 1-2 PM. Burns fat faster and supports muscle growth.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I, along with many others, do not eat breakfast

You will find recent threads on this

Breakfast is not essential, you will not die

But you won't die if you did eat it, either.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Ham and Chedder Artisan sandwich from starbucks usually. Sometimes a protein bar if I am on the run.
  • kevinsmithrn
    kevinsmithrn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fiber one or shredded wheat
    Turkey filet
    Blueberries
  • abk1968
    abk1968 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    30g granola
    Blueberries strawberries
    Topped with activia yogurt
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Hot black coffee!!!!
  • WonkaCat
    WonkaCat Posts: 42
    Options
    My husband eats breakfast at work and has been taking oatmeal, which gets boring after awhile. Over the weekend I made him some sausage and egg muffins. Eggs, egg whites, milk, sausage, high protein bread, and cheddar cheese, baked into muffin cups. Just reheat in the microwave.

Yum. I'm trying this over the weekend.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Usually I have a Cliff Bar or Power Bar on weekdays. Easy to grab and they keep. I hate to do prep work in the morning so I can grab and go.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I had homemade beef jerky for breakfast today. A lot of the time I have a frozen veggie burger with cheese and chipotle mayo on an english muffin. Eat whatever you want for breakfast. Why does it have to be "breakfast" food (oatmeal, cereal, eggs)?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts are usually from this list, one to three of these items;

Kodiak Cakes flapjacks ( whole wheat, oats, and honey) with about 2-3 tablespoons of crystallized ginger spread (Crystallized ginger every day)
    Free range duck eggs, hard boiled
    Eckrich all beef sausage
    handful of cooked bacon
    asparagus, duck egg, and Swiss cheese quiche
    Greek yogurt
    Coffee with two or three tablespoons of International Delight coffee creamer (currently white chocolate mocha)
  • IoveIy
    IoveIy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Since I only have 6 lbs. to lose to reach my goal weight, I have to net 1200 calories a day to lose .6 lbs. of fat a week. Because of that, my breakfasts are usually small.

I'll typically have:

Dannon - Light N Fit yogurt (the strawberry cheesecake flavor is my fav!)
    South Beach Diet - Good to Go bar (dark chocolate is the only kind I eat since it has the least amount of sugar (6 g))

This is actually a good breakfast for me because in the past, I would always skip breakfast. What a big mistake that was!
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    this morning i had 2 eggs (scrambled) with a slice of Pepperjack cheese.
    and a half cup of spinach, goat cheese and vinegarette.

Delish and keeps you full till snack or lunch.
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I eat egg white omelets with Canadian bacon and mixed vegetables. Usually mushrooms, onions, and peppers that I chop up in advance. I mix up the bacon with cheese or turkey sausage depending on my mood that day.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal forever!
    Check out theoatmealartist.com
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal with cinnamon and sliced almonds, greek yogurt, and black coffee. I have been eating that for the past few days, and it has been keeping me and my blood sugars satisfied.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Breakfast A:

3 whole eggs, scrambled in Pam with a piece of toast and 3g of spreadable butter, cinnamon on toast and eggs, 1c 1% milk, sometimes a cup of coffee with 3TBS of 1%milk

B:

Mix 1 egg, 60g of banana (mashed up), 1/4c milk, 1/2c of uncooked oatmeal (1 minute variety), drop of vanilla extract, cinnamon. Fry like a pancake, usually falls apart, eat like scrambled eggs then. Top with fruit of choice....or whatever is closest to spoiling. :)

C:

1 fried egg on an Arnold sandwich thin with a serving of Ketchup, 1 serving of Chobani, any flavor, sometimes coffee as above

All between 300-400 calories.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I go crazy too:

French Toast,

Mix 1/4c Milk, with 1 egg, add cinnamon and vanilla extract. Dip two pieces of high fiber bread, place on cookie sheet, remember to Pam if not nonstick!!!!!!!! :)

Bake for about 6-8 minutes at 350. Add vanilla yogurt to top. Great for long run days.
  • daviddjhonna
    Options
    I usually make a shake of benefiber, slimfast and almond milk. I dont use the shake as a weight loss tool I use it for convenience. My schedule just doesnt allow for a nice sit down breakfast and the whole fast food thing is a no. So to cut time I drink a shake while getting ready for the day. Two things at once.
  • archana111
    archana111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had two cups of brewed coffee and 2% milk. Made an omlette with 2 eggs along with green peppers, tomatoes and garlic sauteed in 1 tblsp of olive oil