100 Pounds Down Today! Celebratory Post! Pic Heavy!

Options

Replies

• kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look good - happy and healthy!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you look great. The difference in your face is amazing.
  • BenVoiles
    BenVoiles Posts: 17
    Options
    Great Job!
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - you are awesome!!! Your dedication and hard work shows!
    do yourself a huge favor and start weight training now.....you will thank yourself later ;-)

I was actually thinking about starting early. For some reason weight training terrifies me as cardio is my "comfort" zone and what I love. I am not sure I will even know where to begin!

I agree - don't wait to start lifting, just add it in now! I wish I would have started sooner! There are lots of great beginner programs that have great explanations/pics and online videos to help you - if you work out at a gym, a trainer or someone can also help you with form and figure out how things work. Nia Shanks or the New Rules of Lifting books are a great place to start - I started with the New Rules of Lifting for Women and found their facebook community (2 groups there, both great) - lots of awesome, heavy lifting women with tons of motivational stories and support and advice!

I was doing only cardio for a long time and then plateaued. Lifting only 2-3 times a week and doing cardio on my off days, did way more for body composition and my booty than cardio ever did!!!! We are stronger then we think we are :happy:

Add me if you have any questions :bigsmile: You rock, chica!!!

Added you for questions! :)
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    W2G!!!!
  • Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! i'm a little ways behind you but just seeing someone else who did it encourages me to stay at it. You look beautiful.
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! You are so beautiful! Congratulations!
  • BSBgirl337
    BSBgirl337 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Great job!
  • MallieRose91
    Options
    Morning Mallierose,
    Thanx for your response :smile:
    I knew U were much younger than me, from your pics.

I wish I could run, but walking will have to do 4 me right now. My husband has been a runner for a long time & I always envied that ability. :grumble:

I'll have to check out the '30 day shred diet' U mentioned along w/the calorie counting I'm doin' on here. It has really opened my eyes to the intake of fats & sugar in the foods I eat.

Wish U well on your running goal :flowerforyou:

Walking can be just as affective and also be a lot less stress to the joints and knees! Do what makes you feel comfortable and gets you to where you want to be. :) I have never done the 30 Day Shred diet, just the workout along with eating healthy so I do not have much advice to give there.
  • mizpoke
    mizpoke Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look great :flowerforyou:
  • joflo723
    joflo723 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! What an inspiration! You look so happy and healthy!

Blessings,
    Jo
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Like a totally different person Well done!
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Amazing, awesome, inspirational. Congrats to you!!
  • Jerseygrrl
    Jerseygrrl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You really do look fantastic! You are inspiring a lot of people today, including me, so thank you for sharing this. Good luck on your 5K. You'll nail it!!
  • MallieRose91
    Options
    You really do look fantastic! You are inspiring a lot of people today, including me, so thank you for sharing this. Good luck on your 5K. You'll nail it!!

Thank you! I am really glad! This is where I always came to be inspired and motivated so it is nice to help others and know I am doing the same for them! :D
  • 3sunflowerslove
    Options
    Wow ! Amazing!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    Amazing Job you must feel great!!!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • Log_n_Jog
    Log_n_Jog Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, but most importantly you look happy. Great job! :)
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous, great job!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!