Up and thinking about food... anybody else?

Options
I just ate some french bread with apple jelly. Luckily i had some cals left over for the day so im really good but im thinking about food more and more and i am not tired.

Anybody else up with the late night cravings?

Replies

• TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I'm up and I had a snack a little bit ago! Carrots with tiny bit of ranch and a side of two walnuts! YUMMY! Hoping to fall asleep soon...the next four days are going to be way too busy for my body to pull this! :o)
  • amydcarlson
    amydcarlson Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yes. Always. I'm an insomniac and I always try to make my last meal something light, so it's normal for me to be up late and starving. I know if I ate, it would be easier to sleep, too...so yes, I hear you, and it sucks. If you can come up with any solutions to this problem, I'd love to hear them.
  • crystalroy
    crystalroy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i had a wasa whole wheat cracker with all natural almond butter..... ummm ummmm good :).
  • Gallen88
    Gallen88 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I know there has to be some type of tea or something that can make you go to sleep cuz this sucks man
  • MegJo
    MegJo Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I was over on my carbs but under on my calories and fat - so, I'm indulging in some cabot sharp cheese! Yum!
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Yes. Always. I'm an insomniac and I always try to make my last meal something light, so it's normal for me to be up late and starving. I know if I ate, it would be easier to sleep, too...so yes, I hear you, and it sucks. If you can come up with any solutions to this problem, I'd love to hear them.

Have you ever tried Melatonin? Its natural! :o) It doesn't work for me but it does for everyone else I know! :o)
  • TaraMaria
    Options
    Meg! Nice carb/calorie juggling there! Cheese sounds so good right now! :o)
  • LWatson43
    LWatson43 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am up and was craving as well but I brought so Nabisco 100 calorie snacks the other day and I just had that and a 20 bottle of water.
  • starlitesue
    Options
    I'm having some Chamomille tea - always helps me relax and sleep.
  • nelsaphine
    nelsaphine Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm up too...and also thinking of something to eat :P I only had 39 cals left so I couldn't really have much but I really, really wanted something. So.....I ate 1/2 of a cinnamon graham cracker (33 cals) with a cup of decaffeinated honey & lemon green tea and I have to say it totally hit the spot!! The crackers were sweet enough to sweeten every sip of my tea...it was great!!
  • Gallen88
    Options
    I'm having some Chamomille tea - always helps me relax and sleep.

I am going to have to get me some of that
  • life1979_24
    life1979_24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    yes i also have insomnia (always). i just got home and i want something yummy but i did something i never do instead. i am having a drink alone. hoping it will put me too sleep for just one night.
  • Gallen88
    Options
    I am up and was craving as well but I brought so Nabisco 100 calorie snacks the other day and I just had that and a 20 bottle of water.

I was totally thinking about getting the oreo or chips ahoy 100 calorie packs but 1.) trying to ween off sugar and 2,) i never eat just one.. i always eat like 4 of them ..lol
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    So here is what I discovered about late night snacking for me. I used to wake up 'starving' around 2am. Not every night, but frequently enough that I knew it was an issue. I would just mindlessly get up and have a bowl of cereal. Then one night I decided to not give in, and after a few times of refusing to give in, it stopped happening. I need to be honest and say that those those nights that I didn't give in, I didn't go back to sleep for hours, sometimes not at all. It sucked. Thing is, I am not sure what the mechanism was that made it happen, but the cravings went away. And now I usually sleep thru the night with no problem. Good luck.
  • LoseItCorinne
    Options
    I know there has to be some type of tea or something that can make you go to sleep cuz this sucks man

There is also a brand of tea called Celestial Seasonings, They make a herbal tea called Tention Tamer. This knocks me out. It relaxes you and makes you just want to curl up and fall asleep. Try it it works!
  • Kjcamaro
    Options
    "celestial seasonings: sleepytime extra" tea is better than any sleeping pill to me (ive never actually taken any so i guess i wouldnt actually know). i dont know why but it really relaxes you and it puts me out, sometimes before i even finish it..