Breasts

Replies

• Semarshman
    Semarshman Posts: 19
    There are a few companies out there who make great sports bras for large busted women. When I use some of these bra's I don't need to double up and it is a lot more comfortable and supportive than the double compression bras. A regular bra, under a sports bra is just uncomfortable and ineffective. I have used the Champion high impact bra's for larger busted women and I really like them. Heard great things about Panach too.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Same problem here. I run and wear 2 sports bras and it really does help!

Yup. I mean, it's not perfect, but it does the job.
  • PattyannB
    PattyannB Posts: 5 Member
    I had a really big breasted friend when I was younger. She use to lay. She would use her regilar bra, then a regular sports bra & a tight tank top. Maybe try a high impact sports bra, with a 1/2 size too small regular sports bra on top or a tight tank top on top??
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Shock Absorber or Panache sports bras. I'm a DD/E cup and those two sports bras are the best invention known to mankind!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Spend the money and buy a SERIOUS sports bra. Title Nine rates theirs, and these are the ones they guarantee to control the most unruly of breasts. :-)

http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/high-impact-sports-bras.do?nType=1
  • MindyM80
    MindyM80 Posts: 41 Member
    victoria secret has a wonderful heavy duty sports bra. its around $54. i LOVE it. i feel secure and actually participate in jumping jacks and jump roping in a class workout. i used to have to double up....but this bra is great.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    I suggest going over to reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits. They can help with finding bras (sports and otherwise) that will work with most sizes and breast shapes.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Stationary or recumbent bike for your cardio. You will get a good workout, but you won't jiggle around! :)
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Underarmor makes some good ones.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I have nothing to add, except maybe try a form of exercise that isn't so high impact?

A good weightlifting routine would probably be a) fabulous exercise; and b) kind on the old girls....

Do this.

Yep. I'm not particularly busty, but I don't even need a sports bra for weight training.

I suspect a larger busted woman would need only something comfy and supportive.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    I suggest going over to reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits. They can help with finding bras (sports and otherwise) that will work with most sizes and breast shapes.

This too.
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    I've got very large breasts but do a lot of exercise, it's a real pain! But I've also found that a normal bra and sports bra doesn't work, I need to use two sports bras at the same time and make sure they're really tight fitting :)

I also use two snug bras: usually one with more support such as an under wire for the first layer and a normal sports bra that's a size too small for the second layer. I have found that Athleta has some great options and usually has some decent options on sale, too.

Cycling, yoga, Pilates, swimming, and the elliptical machine are all great for of low impact exercise.
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    As a girl who has dealt with big boob issues her whole life, i still do cardio (albeit not as much as i should). There are so many more options than the treadmill, or elliptical - try cycling, swimming, hiking, bellydancing, joining a sports team, yoga, rock climbing, skating, martial arts, walking. - the important part is being active.
    Also, i use a high quality regular bra and a sports bra on top. i still have a little jiggle but its not enough to hurt.
    WEIGHT TRAIN! - you want everything to be toned and fit - that look requires muscle :) make sure to spend a day focusing on your chest to keep the girls perky, and a day on your shoulders to highlight how amazing your ladies already are!

I know you said you cant "diet" because you dont want to lose mass in your breasts, but as with any physical transformation, diet is 80%+ of it. Eat healthy unprocessed foods, learn your portion sizes, and pay attention to eating a balanced diet!
  • LaLaVee13
    LaLaVee13 Posts: 54 Member
    I wear a regular bra that has a rubber thinger in the band so it doesn't move then put a size too small sports bra over that. Haven't had a problem since making the change.
  • Instead of wearing two sports bras, why not invest in just one good quality one that fits? Wearing two bras doesn't always mean double the support if both fit badly.
  • For cardio workouts I use the stationary bikes that have the seats with back support because they're low-impact (aka low-bouncing) ;)

I don't have big breasts, but I have back problems and my doctors recommend that I do low-impact workouts, and that's what helps me the most!!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    I too have big boobs, massive infact double H :neutral_face:
    I dont run, i just cant, they hurt, but what i do is use the treadmill on a steep gradient, at about 5 miles per hour, which is just short of running to me, and now i carry 6kg weights while on the treadmill too to help keep my heart rate up. Also the bikes and rowing machines and all the weight chairs are fine too.
    Unlike you, i hate my boobs and they do not alter in cup size no matter how small the rest of me gets, i have been 7 stone 2 and still have double H cups...stupid genetic!
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    if you lose weight at all, they will shrink, whether you diet or exercise or both.

not always true...if your breasts are made up of mostly dense tissue rather than fat tissue, they will not shrink (unless you get down to a % fat seen in bodybuilding), in fact they will appear to be bigger, because your rib cage will shrink as it loses fat without the breasts themselves shrinking, this in turn will cause a smaller band size but bigger cup size for the bra.

I agree, my cup size never alters from a HH :neutral_face:
    Been 7st 2 and 17 stone, and cup size exactly the same, and i go to a bespoke bra fitters, as its tricky to buy my size of the peg. Much easier to find bras at 17 than 7 lol!
  • trijojo_84
    trijojo_84 Posts: 12
    edited October 2014
    Gifted in the boobular department here too. Over the last few years I've been every size between 32F and 30H at some point. The thought of not running has never been an option - and I've also never double-bagged the ladies. I wear Shock Absorber (D+ Max and B/S4490 models) and the Panache sports bra. Shock Absorber run small in the band, I can barely close a 32 band with a 30" underbust and wear my usual cup size. Panache are much truer to size in the band but I size down in the cup to mash the girls a bit more. I'm currently in a 32FF/G in most normal bras, I wear a 32G in Shock Absorber and a 32FF or 30G in Panache. I have back issues that weren't caused by boobage, but the fact that I carry a decent amount up top didn't help with the healing process.

Get a good bra and pretty much anyone below a UK H cup can run relatively comfortably in my opinion. It becomes a bit more complicated beyond that, but worth a try anyway.
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    No need to wear 2 bras if you get one of these:
    http://www.enell.com

They aren't cheap, but if you take care of them exactly like the care card says to, they last about a year or so.