Is yogurt good or bad

Options

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Forzen yogurt has never been mean to me. Find one you like. Don't over eat. You'll be alright.
  • 1FearlessFighter
    1FearlessFighter Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i cannot live without fat free greek yogurt it makes the basis of my breakfast and snack and a lot of my protein, i have a 500g pot everyday .....EVERYDAY!!! , i remember i went to tesco and they had run out so i was arguing with the guy that stacks the shelves for nearly 10 minutes
  • imtoosexyforyou
    Options
    Honestly get plain yogurt and add your own fruit and other items. The ones that have the fruit added already jacks the sugar content up.

I actually make my own yogurt (I'm going to be making some using raw milk very soon). It's stupid easy to do.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have eaten greek yogurt at least 4 times a week over the last year and a half, look at my ticker.....there is your answer.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I totally love Greek Yogurt Light and Fit.. Sugar is 7, reasonable for 5.3 oz. Sodium 65 mg, calories 80-100.
    Wow that sounds great, but is that the brand name or just the type? I mean is it Dannon or something? Any way I will look for that. Thanks.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have eaten greek yogurt at least 4 times a week over the last year and a half, look at my ticker.....there is your answer.
    O.k. I am eating yogart for sure now. Great job!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Yogurt is good and healthy for you!! That said, NO food is bad!!! Just expend more calories than you take in and you'll lose weight.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I totally love Greek Yogurt Light and Fit.. Sugar is 7, reasonable for 5.3 oz. Sodium 65 mg, calories 80-100.
    Wow that sounds great, but is that the brand name or just the type? I mean is it Dannon or something? Any way I will look for that. Thanks.

They are most likely talking about the Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt. This is also what I get and I enjoy them a lot.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Just watch the sugars and fat in them.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Good or bad? Smoothie diet? Oy! I just can't....

Facepalm.gif

There, now I feel better. No food is "bad" - it's calories in vs. calories out. Yogurt doesn't make you fat, nor does it make you skinny. It's food. If you go over your maintenance calories, you gain - if you eat under your maintenance calories, you lose. Simple.

Stop with the smoothies. Eat real food!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There are no foods that will automatically cause you to gain weight unless you eat in a surplus.

There are no foods that will automatically cause you to lose weight unless you eat in a deficit.

Eat foods that you like in portions that fit within your calorie goals. Eat plenty of fiber. Eat your fruit and vegetables. Hit your protein and fat goals.

I think you'll find this whole process a lot easier if you stop thinking in terms of good foods vs. bad foods.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Just watch the sugars and fat in them.

Y'know I used to think like this, but not anymore. I drank skim milk for 20 years and I'm back to full fat. I used to eat non-fat yoghurt - not anymore - greek 2%. I used to order non-fat lattes at Starbucks, not anymore.

Everything tastes better with fat. (Well maybe not everything, but you get the picture.)

As for sugar ...no demons there either - otherwise the amount of maltose, lactose, or fructose I consume would turn me into a beachball. CICO y'all.
  • xenu01
    xenu01 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I would say yogurt is more chaotic neutral, depending on your level of lactose tolerance.
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ooh, it's good! I make a gallon at a time out of raw goat's milk and have it over frozen fruit that I lightly defrosted. A little Stevia--which is quite sweet, be careful don't over do it; and it's not good on everything--but it is on this. Wonderful lunch on a hot day after spending the morning outside!

And yeah, it's also "good". Excellent food value. Don't eat the over-sweet dessert stuff. Making your own--even if you don't have access to raw milk--is the cheapest and you don't put in a lot of junk. Much of the stuff at the store has a LOT of sugar.
  • QuiznatoddBidness
    QuiznatoddBidness Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    yogurt is very good

liquid-schwartz-s1.jpg
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would say yogurt is more chaotic neutral, depending on your level of lactose tolerance.
    I can't tolerate milk so I have an Axelrod fat free yogurt Monday thru Friday.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    I have one of the six ounce containers of Yoplait light yogurt almost every day, with 2 tablespoons of walnuts. I like the opportunity to eat something sweet, it does nice things for my digestion, and there are enough flavors to keep it interesting. I don't believe that there are any "bad" foods; just foods that are better eaten in smaller quantities or on an occasional basis.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No food is inherently bad.

Yogurt is gross though so I don't eat it unless it's blended in a smoothie.
  • 17ChargerGirl17
    Options
    Yes, very bad....tasting... lol especially Chobani it tastes like old sour cream.

I can gag down Yoglait Blueberry Greek Yog. but that's about it.

But as everything else, to each his own. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean you shouldn't eat it. If you like it and it is within your macro's eat away!!!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing different things.... it ranges from "Eating yogurt makes you gain fat" to "eat yogurt everyday to lose weight"

So which is the truth?

I'm on a smoothie diet, and I use strawberry yogurt for some of it (meijer low fat to be precise).... so I'd really like to know whether I need to cut it out or not...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you are reading the wrong sites.

Sites which tell you to go on smoothie diets are the wrong sites. Sites which tell you any one specific food will or won't make you lose/gain fat are the wrong sites.

Eat food, in a moderate calorie deficit, and exercise. It isn't complicated. Don't make it any harder than it has to be!