113 lbs lost in 18 months - Thank you Mean People!

Options

Replies

• jraines1973
    jraines1973 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That's so amazing, your definitely an inspiration to people. That really shows dedication and focus on accomplishing goals.
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    This rocks - huge well done on your loss :) Great job!! And you're right about the lurkers....I was a lurker, there is always someone who will listen and take the advice :)
  • rorae
    rorae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I lurk but I sure don't twerk - hehehe.
    Your attitude of gratitude was probably a huge help to your success. You truly are an inspiration ! ! !
    You must be so proud of yourself.
    Thank you for sharing your story with those of us who are still finding our way.
    You look amazing....
  • Motivatedin20131969
    Motivatedin20131969 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great job! You're so right about the lurkers. I must admit that I am a lurker. I think that most people on MFP are looking for support and advice from someone. Congratulations!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    you look amazing. wishing you success on the rest of your journey. thanks so much for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, you are such a inspiration. ..
  • MallieRose91
    MallieRose91 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing! Keep it up!
  • KetoToThin
    KetoToThin Posts: 185
    Options
    I still have some weight to lose, and other goals to meet so I can make new goals. But today I finally felt like I was a success!

113 lbs lost in 18 months, my health has improved more than I ever thought was possible. I started with 14 prescriptions daily, I know take 5. The month before I started I couldn't complete 1 minute of a 6 minute walk for a pulmonary function test, I can now run 6 miles. Now running isn't my favorite thing to do, but I found I absolutely love biking and my longest ride so far is 58 miles. I also found a love for lifting, it's given me confidence and proven to me I am strong mentally and physically.

And I've done this with still being able to eat my ice cream that I love, baking one of my favorite things to do, and just enjoying life because life is too short.

Here's where I started this picture was taken the day after I was released from the hospital after my 4th week long stay of the year, this time it was where I spent Christmas, but it's also where I decided I am important and I am worth fighting for.. I knew what I wanted to do but didn't know how to do it...

2nav4w3.jpg

I wrote this blog the other day and felt it was a good way to sum up my success...

While reading yet another mean people thread today, yes I know another one a friend made a response about there's always another mean people threading popping up but very few thank you threads ever created and she's right.
    I've sent a few messages to some of the people that without knowing it helped me, I haven't personally thanked everyone, but I do owe so many thank yous and figured I should do that here.

I was a lurker on the forums, watching and reading what people that had lost the weight I was hoping to lose, had changed their lives were doing. When I started I had no clue, I thought I did hell I've dieted all my life, but no I really had no idea what I was doing. So I watched and okay maybe even stalked a few (they don't know so it's okay) to learn. I wanted to accomplish what they had.

Eat all the foods you enjoy just smaller amounts - Moderation (took time and trial and error but I did learn this)
    Get a food scale to learn portions - One of the best investments I ever made - My tablespoon of peanut butter was 2 to 3 servings easy before.

Start strength training - Taught me I am stronger than I ever thought

Find something you enjoy doing and repeat - Biking my favorite thing to do now can't believe this some days. But this morning when I was feeling stressed all I wanted to do was go for a long bike ride which I did and it felt wonderful.
    Really could it be that simple?

I learned from so many people on MFP, most of you will never know how much I owe to you, some people have deactivated by now and I can never thank them, others and this is a huge shame have been banned from the forums because they didn't hold any punches and gave real advice not some sugar coated crap.

But to all of you that day in and day out offer your time, help and assistance to people you don't even know I want to thank you. So whenever you think you are wasting your time posting because the OP probably won't take the advice anyway, remember there is always someone lurking that will.

As most of blog posts I have too many thoughts running through my head, and I am not a writer but if you get nothing else from this... before reading a response in the forums and immediately think someone is being mean to you, stop and just listen to what's being said as the person is really just trying to help and Thank them!

j6nd5l.jpg

So I would like to thank each of you that take the time to help because without you I don't know what would have happened. Oh and picture taking is worse than my writing but you get the idea.

Edited because I forgot to add this wonderful picture of dessert last night... you can lose weight eating delicious food!
    2sbws3d.jpg

Those PB cookies were one of my absolute favorite lunchtime snack as a kid. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • rubbie78
    rubbie78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yourock.jpg
  • rubbie78
    rubbie78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    59c01092e1164853db4a7ba984b73a8c.jpg

AND YOU DID JUST THAT! GREAT JOB! Thank you Mean People! Look at her now!!!!
  • tltate
    tltate Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You're doing great. Keep at it.:smile:
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!

giphy.gif
  • lyanes
    lyanes Posts: 36
    Options
    So inspirational!! Great work :flowerforyou:
  • Curlysasha
    Curlysasha Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
    You are something else!
    You are the BEST!
    I am so inspired to carry on with my own weight loss, just one question you beautiful lady ... how and what did you do to start lifting, what did you use?
    I am starting to look like a marshmallow all soft and squidgy and you look firm and toned, please give me some advise xxx
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I can only repeat what others have said, simply incredible, what a difference! Very well done indeed, you are so inspiring.
  • mg234080
    mg234080 Posts: 29
    Options
    Great job!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    You are A.M.A.Z.I.N.G
    You are something else!
    You are the BEST!
    I am so inspired to carry on with my own weight loss, just one question you beautiful lady ... how and what did you do to start lifting, what did you use?
    I am starting to look like a marshmallow all soft and squidgy and you look firm and toned, please give me some advise xxx

Thank you!

To start lifting I first started with body weight exercises and read New Rules of Lifting for Women, Starting Strength, and luckily I have a couple good friends that helped me learn proper form. I also joined the eat, train, progress group on here so I could lurk and read the great advice Sarah and SideSteel give.

After looking over different lifting programs I decided on Stronglifts to me it was the most straightforward. I searched craigslist and garage sales for weights, a bench and a rack. Then I got started.

Lifting has shown me how strong I truly am mentally and physically.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Thank you again everyone :heart:

thank-s.gif
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    wow great work!!!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    OMG you are my new favorite person. You are my new inspiration. I've just started my journey 3 weeks ago. I'm down 10 pounds with 190 to go. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!