40+ and fighting the good fight

Options
124»

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I just turned 43. I was almost at my goal weight then I had a flare up of my fibromyalgia so couldn't work out and ate all the wrong things due to self pity. I am feeling a little better now thanks to the meds and slowly I am getting back on track. I have 20lbs to lose (again). I have started running again and continuing to lift weights. I also dance once a week (adult mixed styles class and streetdance). I have 3 kids with special needs so they need me around. Anyone can add me.
  • Ryderod
    Ryderod Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'm in my 40s, am currently thinking of switching over to maintenance after losing 45 pounds. I'm also an outdoors person and quite active. Add me pls..
  • Kieralynne73
    Options
    yup, turned 40 in December and am finding it 10x as hard to lose a few lbs.....
    I do not feel 40, however, I am definitely starting to look 40.
    I have to stop that stuff in its tracks...NOW!
  • ceemaw
    ceemaw Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    yes! i'm 41 and have been trying (for the first time in my life) to lose weight/gain muscle/tone up. feel free to add me - i'm on here pretty much every day and work out pretty much every day, as well. it's slow going but i have stubborn determination on my side. :)
  • walkdmz
    walkdmz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in January and decided that I needed to do something drastic or it may be too late for me. I'm happy where I am now, but know that I could do better and would do better if I was 25.
  • laura52271
    Options
    43 y.o. female here! Hoping to recapture some clothe sizes of my younger days! It will be 1 week for me tomorrow. I have not cheated at all my first 6 days. Weighed in with the coach today and have lost 8.6 pounds! Likely lots of water but a great payoff for what started as a rough week! I have eaten more veggies in 6 days than perhaps the last 6 years! I will lose 80 when all is said and done! Have to be positive. Would love to share ideas and make some new buddies!