Vacu-Step Butt Vacuum Elliptical?

Options
13»

Replies

• littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the manufacturers website and they mainly market it to Salons, Spas and Tanning Salons.
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I am sure I could make one of these at home with a garbage bag and my dyson. Score!

I'm on my way! I have 10 lbs of fat to lose.
    I'll bring ketchup chips and apples for your trouble!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    okay...that is the strangest thing i've seen. but based on teh pictures of the rest of the stuff at the gym, i don't think i'd want to go there at all. what's with all the weird recliner looking things? it looks like the chairs that sol in soylent green took his final nap on.

They do have a lot of "toning" machines, which is not really what I'm in for.

I'm here for the cheap a/c.

Pass the free weights and the non-vacuum elliptical.

They also have a track, pool, floor classes, pool classes and tanning.

I always did get a kick from those who came in just to use toning beds back in the day.

Their loss.

It's definitely not my first choice, but for $20 I'll get a whole month of relief from over 100 degree temps.

Pretty good deal.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Do they make an attachment for men? The Vacu-BJ-Elliptical. LOLOLOL!!!!
  • tkdgirlms
    tkdgirlms Posts: 73
    Options
    Oh my!!! Seriously?? People fall for this crap??
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    As someone else said, spot-treatment is a red flag, but if your aim is to diminish the appearance of cellulite rather than reduce fat, there is some science behind the machine's vacuum-method.

That said, as far as I can tell, the vacuum-suction is supposed to encourage circulation. Some experts do link increased circulation to decreased cellulite (and vice-versa), but as far as I can find online, there hasn't been any study to evaluate the effectiveness of the machine on reducing cellulite.

Plus, you usually have to pay for 10-20 sessions rather than a few trials, which can be very expensive.

In sum, no I would not try this, it seems like yet another gimmicky machine for women desperate to reduce the appearance of their cellulite.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Oh my.... there's an entire site on the Vacu-Step...

http://www.vacustep.com/content/vacustep

The problem:
    You keep to your diet and exercise, yet there is hardly any success visible in the desired areas such as hips, buttocks, thighs.
    As soon as those fat layers have been built up a magic cycle starts: The ìblown upî fat cells press onto the blood vessels and interfere with a proper cleaning process of the lymph system. The inadequate blood circulation impairs the reduction of fat and the discharge of waste liquid out of the connective tissue

Yup... sounds legit.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options

LOL's!

It's actually an all women gym.

Perhaps tell them you have cellulite on your family jewels.

:laugh:
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Butt vacuum?! :laugh:

There are just too many jokes for this...
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Went to www.fitforherokc.com to learn more.

First sentence: "The problem with the current method of losing weight in the thighs and hips are simple"... um no, the problem with this is noun/verb agreement.
  • Sirinya55
    Sirinya55 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    is this a new colonic?
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

LOL's!

It's actually an all women gym.

Perhaps tell them you have cellulite on your family jewels.

:laugh:

Golf balls!

*runs off to get the eye/brain bleach*
    Oh my.... there's an entire site on the Vacu-Step...

http://www.vacustep.com/content/vacustep

The problem:
    You keep to your diet and exercise, yet there is hardly any success visible in the desired areas such as hips, buttocks, thighs.
    As soon as those fat layers have been built up a magic cycle starts: The ìblown upî fat cells press onto the blood vessels and interfere with a proper cleaning process of the lymph system. The inadequate blood circulation impairs the reduction of fat and the discharge of waste liquid out of the connective tissue

Yup... sounds legit.

*looks at loose part of jeans in the hip/thigh area"

I think my body missed that memo...
  • AsaThorsWoman
    Options
    Went to www.fitforherokc.com to learn more.

First sentence: "The problem with the current method of losing weight in the thighs and hips are simple"... um no, the problem with this is noun/verb agreement.

Ok, I was quite alright knowing that one quirky gym in OKC bought this crazy machine.

But now I'm quite disturbed knowing two have made the purchase.

The before and after pics don't even show an improvement!
  • chelsealfinn
    chelsealfinn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you do this, keep us posted. LOl
  • iPlatano
    iPlatano Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    ISeeWhatYouDidThereBlackSS.png
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    lmao i'm so glad I came in here
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

shutup.jpg
  • grilucas
    grilucas Posts: 1
    Options
    I used the Vacustep when stationed in Germany. I used it for 2 months (it's funny the gym there had 22 of the machines). Every one I spoke with at the gym swore by them, so I tried it. I'm 6'2 and had spongy fat on my upper thighs and stomach from where I used to be pretty heavy. I was really impressed. I used the elliptical in the machine for 30 minutes with the vacuum on pretty low at first, very tough workout it's like doing an elliptical in waist deep water. I lost the spongy feeling skin around my thighs and waist. I haven't found one here in the U.S. I can use and if I did it would have to be in a room by itself so I Wouldent get my a*& ripped for looking so dumb. Hard for me to believe in Germany the whole gym's were centered around these machines. It's like the treadmill is here in the U.S. I give it 2 thumbs up but would not suggest trying to pick up any Ladies when using this type of machine it just looks too (^&(** funny. Thanks for posting the link to see it again. http://www.mademoiselleokc.com/North-Location-Page.html
  • nancynelis
    nancynelis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    VacuStep has been around since 1998. I got into the shape of my life over 10 years ago in Dublin Ireland,using VacuStep . I moved from Dublin to rural Ireland and over 10 years the weight came back. Now I’m in the states and using VacuStep. 70 pounds lost in 7 months. And skin is smooth and tight. leq40x76woz6.jpeg
    46lgkeg9w69r.jpeg