Breakfast Poll!

Options
124»

Replies

• sjebert
    sjebert Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I have a hard boiled egg, and usually a Jimmy Dean breakfast delite sandwich
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Whole eggs, bacon, and kale/spinach. Sometimes I add mushrooms, tomatoes, grain-free muffin... and always with coffee.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Mmmm, breakfast.

On weekdays, I eat a bowl of oatmeal. I make my own instant oatmeal "packets" with brown sugar and sugar free French Vanilla coffee creamer (yes, coffee creamer), add some almond milk, cinnamon, and 2 T of PB2 (chocolate or regular). About a minute in the microwave and I've got a yummy breakfast. Sometimes I'll also add a scoop of protein powder, which is just as delicious.

On weekends, I like making cheesy scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and a piece of toast or whole wheat pancakes with sugar free syrup or, my most recent discovery, two pieces of French toast with a layer of whipped cream cheese in the middle, with a little syrup. If I'm eating breakfast on the run, it's McDonald's egg white delight with a fruit and yogurt parfait.
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My current favorite breakfast is "banana eggcakes" - 1 very ripe banana + 2 eggs and a little cinnamon beaten together. Sometimes I will also throw in a small handful of old fashioned oats and some blueberries. I cook this like a pancake over medium heat in a little coconut oil. Top with mashed strawberries sweetened with a little stevia in the raw. I usually get two good sized cakes out of this.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This has been my go-to breakfast for months now:

1 peice of Honey/Oat wheat bread with 1 tablespoon of PB on it and then top it with 2 eggs. The combination is actual quite awesome and I can make it two ways.

If I had time, I'll leave the yolks runny and basically have soft boiled eggs on toast.

If I'm short on time, I cook the eggs a little more so the yolk isn't runny, throw the eggs on top of the toast and eat it while I walk to my truck.

Regardless of what I eat for solid food I usually have some ON Mocha Cappachino Whey with unsweetened Silk Vanilla. Using almond milk with whey makes it taste so much better and it's only 30 cal per cup.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    My current favorite breakfast is "banana eggcakes" - 1 very ripe banana + 2 eggs and a little cinnamon beaten together. Sometimes I will also throw in a small handful of old fashioned oats and some blueberries. I cook this like a pancake over medium heat in a little coconut oil. Top with mashed strawberries sweetened with a little stevia in the raw. I usually get two good sized cakes out of this.

That sounds amazing! I'm going to have to try that this weekend. Of course I'll have to add some PB in there somewhere. :tongue:
  • Flippolo
    Flippolo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    A couple of scrambled eggs with a couple of tablespoons of salsa--yum!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Quest bar! I have one every morning!
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I had a protein shake made with Greek yogurt, protein powder, half a banana, and some dark chocolate Peanut Butter & Co PB.

Yesterday I had 3/4c of steel cut oats with half a scoop of protein powder, half a banana, a splash of milk, and some dark chocolate Peanut Butter & Co PB.

The day before that it was a protein shake with peaches in place of the banana & pb.

Tomorrow it will probably be oatmeal and blueberries, because I need to use the last of my berries before they get all shrivelly and gross.
    [/quote

Throw your blueberries and strawberries into the freezer and never worry about them going to mush before you use them!
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Now that summer fruit is here.... A cup of cantaloupe with fresh blueberries added (yum) and a hard-boiled egg. Fast, easy, light enough before I workout....and tasty!!!
  • mrsmoulton
    mrsmoulton Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually have either boiled egg whites and avocado (sounds weird but it's yummy) or a smoothie with 1/2 banana, spinach, almond milk, ice, pb2(powdered peanut butter) and a tb of cocoa powder.
  • Braincatcher
    Braincatcher Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter & banana sandwich or a tomato sandwich with avocado on Dave's Killer Bread, which packs 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per slice. Nummy :happy:
  • DrJenO
    DrJenO Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hash browns topped with egg whites and turkey chili.
    Brown rice topped with egg whites and ground turkey
    (both of the above topped with salsa)
    Oatmeal with walnuts, flax, and craisins
    Toast with peanut butter and sliced strawberries
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love scotch pancakes (average 60-80cals per pancake depending on brand) with about 5g of golden syrup on each one. Golden syrup surprisingly isn't bad at all in calories.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs
    Yogurt w/ granola
    Quest bar (if I'm in a rush)
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Usually one of the these three (lately it's been the smoothie):
    *Protein Fruit Smoothie (vanilla protein powder, blueberries, rasperries, water and a bit of spinach)
    *3 egg omellette w/ bacon and cheese
    *Cheerios w/ milk
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I eat the same thing every workday. I get to work at 6:30 and have six Ritz crackers with 3/4 serving of Trader Joe's PB. On my 9 AM break, I eat a caramel apple breakfast cookie with a cup of 2% milk. Surprisingly, I don't find it boring.

On weekends, I mix it up. It totally depends on how late I sleep in, what I'm doing that day, what time I plan to eat lunch and what I'm having for lunch. A lot of Saturdays, lunch *is* my breakfast. However, when I eat breakfast at home, I usually eat Better Oats oatmeal (or a bowl of cereal) made with 2% milk with a glass of OJ on the side and make sure that I have a high protein lunch. On Sundays when I go to church and know that I won't be eating for at least 4-5 hours, I'll have something with a good bit of protein like polenta with eggs and sausage.

A local natural foods store sent out these recipes for overnight oatmeal with their latest flyer. I'm totes going to try these.

http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com/taste/1406/overnight-oatmeal.html