healthy lunch ideas?

Options
hello :)
i was just wondering if anyone had any healthy lunch ideas/recipes that they'd like to share?
i generally like to eat light lunches otherwise i'm still full when it comes to dinner time! so usually eat things like salads/soups, and tried a chicken and vegetable wrap on tuesday, which was nice. :)
but these things get a little boring, so i'd very much appreciate your help and ideas! thanks! :D

Replies

• Lozt09
    Lozt09 Posts: 5
    Options
    hello :)
    i was just wondering if anyone had any healthy lunch ideas/recipes that they'd like to share?
    i generally like to eat light lunches otherwise i'm still full when it comes to dinner time! so usually eat things like salads/soups, and tried a chicken and vegetable wrap on tuesday, which was nice. :)
    but these things get a little boring, so i'd very much appreciate your help and ideas! thanks! :D

Im the same actually, I have no imagination when it comes to lunches! Jacket spuds, salads and sarnies are the best I can do! :)
  • granitegirl
    Options
    Sometimes I'll do Taboule & wheat crackers. :-)
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite lunches is a serving of 1% Cottage Cheese, Special K whole wheat crackers, steamed broccoli with a little lemon juice, and an apple. It sends me to my happy place.
  • aimibean
    aimibean Posts: 243
    Options
    Sometimes I'll do Taboule & wheat crackers. :-)

i don't even know what that is! :(
    One of my favorite lunches is a serving of 1% Cottage Cheese, Special K whole wheat crackers, steamed broccoli with a little lemon juice, and an apple. It sends me to my happy place.

this sounds nice, except i don't like cottage cheese! :(
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    My favorite salad is spring green mix, fresh fruit, and poppyseed (or sweet honey mustard) dressing. Grilled shrimp make a great addition for a dinner! (inspired by my favorite salad at Bill's Seafood in Chincoteague, VA)

I also love adding dried cranberries/cherries/etc to my yogurt.
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I like to make homemade vegtable soups and bring it for lunch all week. YUM
  • melissa2208
    melissa2208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    simple rivetas without butter add tuna and light salad cream

its quick and easy, yummy and cheap ( cost for me is a bigggy )

or pitta bread (wholemeal ) stuffed with salad and lean ham or boiled egg whites x

or if i have a sweet tooth rice cakes with low fat peanut butter ( only have 2 tho )
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Josephs Pita stuffed w/ tuna salad(onion & celery, lite mayo) & shredded lettuce. Bag of baked chips.
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Arnold flatrounds with a little pizza sause( I use Ragu) and FAT FREE mozz cheese, this make a yummy low fat pizza well it makes 2 small round ones and just pop them in a toaster oven if you have one at work.

You could also add a little green peppers and black olives and a few pineapple chunks oh sooooo yummy!