sketchers shape up flip flops

Options
hello peeps

i was wondering if any1 has tried these SKETCHERS SHAPE UP FLIP FLOPS ???

im debating weather it would be worth my while purchasing some flip flops not the trainers, i have seen so many and different brands ie reebok. but i dont wear trainers and thought the flip flops are a good idea because i can at least wear them in the house untill summer time.

but i do not no of any1 that has used these so i dont no if they are any good
i have quite a big bum and thighs so thought this might help tone them ???

is there any1 that has used them and can advise me PLEASE HELP

much love x

Replies

• reeree0406
    reeree0406 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a brand called Fit Flops and think they are great. Noticed some toning but was also doing other exercise so I don't know how much credit I can give to the shoes.
  • caroline1851
    Options
    There have been studies shown that Fit shoes do nothing to actually get you fit. Don't waste your money. Good old hard work will get you fit.
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have the shape up flip flops and shoes and reebok runners. The flip flops are ok, i think the reebok system works better. However there is silver lining here... Reebok now has flip flops! I asked my mom as she has both and says that she can wear the reebok ones all day because they are not as stacked as the sketcher ones. However, she did mention that the sketcher ones seem more comfortable because they are squishier. She just said that she can't wear them all day cause they are so much higher and kept rolling her ankle...
    Word of caution tho... I found that I got WAY more benifit out of my shoes on the treadmill then anything else, so if you are hopeing that these will work magic, I dunno. They do work the muscles more, but only when i am actually useing them for work outs. So I dunno how benicifical they will be to just wear around the house until the summer. If you walk alot in the summer then I would definetly look at a pair.
    Crocs also released flip flops that are similar to the reebok ones and have a WAY smaller price tag.... things to consider!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I have a brand called Fit Flops and think they are great. Noticed some toning but was also doing other exercise so I don't know how much credit I can give to the shoes.

I think they just help activate durring the actual work out. The ads are VERY misleading in making it seem like a few steps here and there and BAM fab butt!
  • melissa2208
    melissa2208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hello
    well i walk alot due to droping my boys off at school then back down there at lunch time then back home its a 40 minute trip there and back which i do twice a day including pushing a buggy with a buggy board on the back including my two tots lol hard work as it is but thought the flip flops might help out x
  • pchatelle
    Options
    Hi,
    I have had both the trainers and the flip flops, I used the trainer when I was starting last June. My weight at the time was 330 and I was doing a 3 mile outdoor walk every day at work. My regular walking shoes were ok but my knees and back were hurting. I got these because they seem to make me balance better and therefore stand up straighter, and I noticed a definate burn in my thighs and butt. They are like walking in sand i guess is the best description.

Now the shoe work fine, so I figured I would try the flip flops and unfortunately for me they didn't work so well because you need to strap your foot in pretty firmly, and it was just uncomfortable. If you try them get them at a store front, because I heard returning stuff to the website is kind of a pain.

Good Luck!
  • claregibson84
    Options
    Im in completly the same debate! Do I dont I? There quick pricey (Id want the trainers) but theres so many people that say dif things (as proven lol) Might be worth seeing what the internet says and kinda come to your own conclusion...oh the joys of it all! If ASDA brought out a verision for a tenna we'd all be sorted!!!
  • melissa2208
    melissa2208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    just brought some off ebay £20.00 new got the flip flops as better foe me

im gonna try them and then do a repost of the outcome but if you did want some check on ebay as had the trainers in reebok too for around £30.00 which is cheaper then the shops x
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of fit flops - and two pair of earth shoes flip flops. Not sure what type of work out but by far the most comfortable shoes I own. My podiatrist suggested them and they are wonderful. I was on my feet walking a lot in Las Vegas and generally have sore feet when I do that, no with the fit flops, I felt great like I could walk for hours more.
  • kmahly
    kmahly Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Some podiatrists don't recommend toning shoes- they can actually be harmful for some people...

http://www.prweb.com/releases/defective-products-lawyer/md-toning-shoes-injuries/prweb4902934.htm

There's even been a couple of lawsuits and there are some class-actions going...

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/958-new-balance-toning-shoe-class-action

Personally, I think they are total scam....

A person who doesn't walk and has a sedentary job buys toning shoes. Suddenly they walk 3 miles every day- and they start losing weight. Is it the shoes that did it? LOL.

Not saying that's you, but just a generic example.

The fitness class leaders at my gym also tell the attendees not to wear the toning shoes in their classes.

Just think of the other cool things you could spend that money on!