Journal (Non Food Related)

Options
How many of you keep some kind of journal, diary, blog, etc. to record your feelings. I am having a very hard time dealing with stress and various things going on in my life & have always been skeptical of keeping a journal-does it really help? The other concern I've had is that someone in my life will read it and be hurt by the things I write, but I'm considering starting a blog that is password protected & set to "private". Have you seen benefits to journaling your thoughts? Has it helped in relieving stress?

Replies

• jrhodges20
    jrhodges20 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I do journal, I find it very helpful to me, I do it on the blog through here on my page, and personally i don't care if anyone reads them or not. I find it relaxing and sometimes it is nice to get some feedback on my feelings. I would do it, if you think it will help. I use writing a lot to get me through rough patches. I probobaly went through an entire 3 subject notebook or more through this last year with the double jobs, the lack of seeing and interacting with people including my boyfriend at the time, and then continued after her broke it off and left me to start over with hardly nothing after 6 years, and all this time I watched my weight drop drastically and gain more than I dropped. For me it is truly a stress reliever
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! The way I look at it is, onto paper-off your mind! I feel better when i actually put my feelings/thoughts into writing. If you are concerned about your thoughts or feelings hurting someone....definitely password protect it and make it private.

Have you thought about talking to that person that you are afraid of hurting? It soundsl ike you are bottling up your emotions, which in my opinion isn't a good thing.
  • Nlongenecker
    Options
    Have you thought about talking to that person that you are afraid of hurting? It soundsl ike you are bottling up your emotions, which in my opinion isn't a good thing.

Yes, I have thought of talking to them (people I might hurt by venting), but a few people in my life suffer from emotional disorders such as bipolar and clinical depression or affects of abuse when younger. So I know that to a degree their actions, words are just a result of their circumstances and can't always be helped. But I need an outlet.