Took my "before" pictures

Options
2»

Replies

• RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I had took proper 'before' pics and then deleted them. I had to go back on my Facebook profile and find a 'before' picture and my profile picture for MFP is a before/after of just my torso/face.

I wish I would have kept the proper 'before' picture and someone the other day posted that people should take one (even though it's not fun). It can be hard to notice changes in yourself, especially if you lose weight from areas that don't go into clothing (like your face) in the amount of time we want to. It's hard to notice and get out of the mindset and perception that we have of ourselves so it's important to have a good before pic so that you can look at it and SEE how far you've come. It helps you to believe it when others tell you that you look like you've lost weight! So good for you for doing it!
  • ErinMcMom
    ErinMcMom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I took before pics in yoga pants and a sports bra and take an updated picture each time I drop 10 lbs. I HATED taking those before pics but now I'm so glad that I did. Seeing the difference between where I started and where I am now is insanely motivating.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    For anyone not wanting to take before pictures DO IT ANYWAYS!

I didn't take any and I hated being in pictures so had very little to compare to (luckily my husband is a little bit of a creeper and had several pictures of me getting in/out of the shower that I didn't know about). There will be days where you feel like you're going no where and want to quit. Those are the days that you pull out the before picture and take a new one to compare. It's amazing to be able to do that. And it will give you the motivation you need to go on. Take pictures from the front, sides, and back. Don't share them if you don't want to. Just keep them for yourself. And take meassurements for EVERYTHING! Do you bust, underbust, waist, hips, thighs, arms. Anything else you can messure, meassure it!!
  • DianeinCA
    DianeinCA Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. TAKE THE PICTURES. You don't have to share them here or with anyone else. (And isn't it nice we live in an era where that's possible? No sending film to the drugstore to have the teenager working behind the counter laughing at you or sharing it with his friends...)

I really wish I'd taken a picture back in January. My "before" picture is after I'd lost 10 pounds.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid of taking pics because people judge.

Nobody has to see them except you. Of course, you do not have to take pictures at all. I was like that, and didn't take any at my highest weight. I did take pictures at the beginning of joining MFP, at the urging of those on my FL. I am SO glad I did.

In 5 short weeks, and a few inches and pounds smaller, I took another set. The pictures show so much more progress than my mind allowed. Extremely motivating for me. I plan on taking them monthly now.

To the OP and others here--feel free to peek in my profile. Pictures are not labeled, but that's what 5 weeks of consistent, moderate calorie deficit plus strength training accomplished for me. So far. I'm no beauty queen, but I sure can see the possibilities of the best me I can be.:flowerforyou:
  • cathylopez1975
    cathylopez1975 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    When I started on this journey almost 2 years ago, I didn't think I would really lose anything. So I didn't bother taking any before pics in anything that would show the bod. I also didn't take measurements. I really wish I had now that I've been able to get to goal. The other thing I wish I had done was save my largest pair of blue jeans. For some reason I gave them away. I went from 22W to 8s (and every time I pull the jeans out to wear I think there is NO WAY I'm going to be able to wear them, they are so little.)
  • TechLady11412
    TechLady11412 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I made myself take some "before" pictures... in a bikini.. omg it was disgusting but, like you, I put them away so I'd have that comparison. I still have a way to go but the difference is already so obvious when I take updated pictures and compare them. Still not ready to share those with the world but, one day, I .. may. :)

ETA:

I am comfortable sharing face pictures of before and current, though:

c6fb21dd204024aa95007bf828939005c2e3.jpg

wow you look 10 years younger in the progress pic, almost like another person :) nice job
  • salvationsdying
    salvationsdying Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I took mine 2 days after I started. And I will say I'm happy I did. After 40 pounds down I can tell a huge difference. They should both be in my profile. Its not as huge to others and I still have 60 more pounds to go but I'm happy with what I see so far! I only started this in febuary and I've already come so far. I'm 24 years old, I want to be a 24 yr old. With cute clothes and dresses and skirts while I can. I also want to be able to go ride bikes or play games with my toddler as she grows. And right now my body wouldn't be ok with any riding bikes nonsence.... I also want to save them to show myself when I feel like I want to quit or when I feel I can't do something (non-weight related or weight related, either way) that I can do anything I put my mind to.