What to eat at a Wedding reception?

Options
I'm attending a Wedding on Saturday. Also, a rehearsal dinner on Friday. How do I keep to my strict diet without being a rude guest? I really don't want to resort to purging...

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    What is your "strict diet"? Can't you just eat a reasonable amount of whatever is served?
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to resort to purging...

Purging is never an option.

Just eat a reasonable amount of what is served. If it's a buffet, have lots of veggies. It's two days out of your life. Get back in the wagon after the wedding.
  • traceywoody
    traceywoody Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Only eat half of what is offered. Take a few bites of everything, then push the plate away.

ETA - if someone comments when you push the plate away you can say, "everything was so good, and I am really full", or my personal favourite especially after not eating a big main meal is, "I am saving room for some dessert" and then I only eat about two bites of my dessert and say I am full, usually because I really am, but it stops the comments and shows that I really did enjoy the food, just not too much of it.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options

Purging is never an option.

Just eat a reasonable amount of what is served. If it's a buffet, have lots of veggies. It's two days out of your life. Get back in the wagon after the wedding.

A bit concerned that you're saying purging... but Marcia is right. It's two days. Back to it after. Hopefully there will be dancing at the wedding? Get out there and shake a tail feather!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    The answer is a reasonable amount of wedding reception food.

Do your best to log it (if you want).

If you happen to be over a few hundred calories for the day, it's completely insignificant. If you end up a thousand calories over for the day, it's also inconsequential. If you're over 2000 calories for the day, your stomach will probably hurt, but your overall weight loss efforts will be affect maybe a half pound...or several days of hitting your calorie target (assuming, of course, that you have a reasonable calorie deficit in your plan).
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Food!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options

What?? are you serious? You would actually throw up after eating,,, thinking that is a way to lose weight and control yourself??? Because you hate yourself?? Why would you do this??? or even think it??

this is bad... really, really bad. Skip the wedding and go see a professional.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Pick a couple appetizers you like and have those
    And eat dinner

I've been to a ton of weddings. The food isn't bad for you and there isn't much there
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    (And maybe reconsider your choice of avi pics?)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm attending a Wedding on Saturday. Also, a rehearsal dinner on Friday. How do I keep to my strict diet without being a rude guest? I really don't want to resort to purging...

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Due to your mention of purging and your profile picture, I suggest starting here:

http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

You can also call this number:
    1-800-931-2237

or if you feel more comfortable, you can click to chat at the link listed above.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Small portions. Meat without sauces. Lots of veggies. Skip the bread. Small slice of cake - and only if it actually tastes good.

Enjoy yourself! You can go over 500 calories and just hit neutral.