Foods you can eat a lot of for 100 calories or less?

Options

Replies

• Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What kind of ice cream sandwich has the lowcals. I am a fool for them

skinny cow makes ice cream sandwiches that are about 140 calories. they have different flavors, too, like peanut butter and snickerdoodle. they're delicious. they have a no-sugar-added vanilla one that I get for my diabetic mother-in-law, she loves them.
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    By the looks of your diary, you seem to have a handle on things. Just try to work in a variety of things and see what helps. I have been munching almonds when I get a craving. They are great protein and satisfy my hunger for crunchiness. I also have come to love baby carrots. I eat around 8 at a time and they help. Nothing normal and healthy is going to make you feel like you did when you were eating badly. We have to learn to tame those cravings.....at least I do, haha
  • bald_navy_wife
    bald_navy_wife Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    bump
  • pipertargaryen
    pipertargaryen Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Pickles!

You can eat sandwich savers hot 'n spicy for like 4 calories per 2 slices. You can have mini dills for like 2 calories per 4 pickles. The sodium is bad, but you could essentially eat an entire delicious jar for 100 calories.

I echo any recommendations of Skinny Cow anything. The mini fudge bars are 45 calories. Have 2!

Edit because I accidentally a word ;)
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow has about 140kcals and 5g fiber
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I was like you once OP. In the end I would refuse to eat anything over 50 calories. It was making me not only sick but developing an eating disorder. Think of how little 'filling' foods there are for 100cals... your being told to have jello, popcorn, crackers. They wont make you any less hungry than the raisins. Try something that WILL fill you or make you feel full..... not just empty calories that are a waste. Then stop looking for things under the amount.

But then I don't expect anyone to actually listen or pay attention to anything i say anymore.
  • lelya15
    lelya15 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My favorites are sugar snap peas, you can have 300g for 100 calories, also rice cakes with soft cheese spread and cucumbers.
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    DayByDayGetStronger Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have a huge bowl of salad ready to eat in my fridge at all times at work. Throw on some croutons and maybe a slice of avocado, and it's really quick. I use the low-fat/low-calorie yogurt dressings that are 45kcals for 2 Tbs. The blue cheese flavor rocks.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Oven roasted courgettes, 200 degrees in the oven for around 30 mins - DELICIOUS.
    About 80-90 calories for 2 whole courgettes. :drinker:
  • sydneyhom
    sydneyhom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It is hard to beat protein for "bang for buck" in the hunger department. Look at lean ham, turkey breast, prawns, sardines etc, which come in tinned or deli packet form and all around 100 cal per 100g. I did the Dukan diet for six months and lost over 25kg and these were my "panic" foods, when I needed to feel full. Perhaps not the healthiest choice but as my doctor advised, "your obesity will kill you long before poor nutrition or food additives will". Once the weight came off I returned to more normal eating but in much smaller clothes.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    In for ideas, becasue I :heart: to eat :smile:
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    Cheerios....
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I was like you once OP. In the end I would refuse to eat anything over 50 calories. It was making me not only sick but developing an eating disorder. Think of how little 'filling' foods there are for 100cals... your being told to have jello, popcorn, crackers. They wont make you any less hungry than the raisins. Try something that WILL fill you or make you feel full..... not just empty calories that are a waste. Then stop looking for things under the amount.

But then I don't expect anyone to actually listen or pay attention to anything i say anymore.

I'm not like that, though. I eat lots of things over 50/100 calories -- just not SNACKS. And that's not true... Two cups of kettlecorn actually does make me pretty full for a couple of hours. 100 calories of fruit/vegetables is much more fulfilling than 1/4 cup of anything. t's just boring after a while so I'm

Thank you to everyone for the great suggestions!
  • tycho_mx
    tycho_mx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I seriously love a couple of cups of shredded cabbage with a bit of salt and vinegar. I can't stand commercial (read - mayonnaised) coleslaw so have come up with some variants with cumin, currants, different peppers, shredded carrot, shredded rutabaga or kohlrabi...

Lots of trial and error, but cabbage is cheap :)
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I bought Schulz pretzel sticks to take to the movies last week (the baby carrots I smuggled in the time before weren't cutting it in the midst of all the junk food) 42 pretzel sticks are 110 calories, personally I try to limit myself to half a serving due to the sodium. I do baby carrots a lot at home, cauliflower, an apple with a little peanut butter or honey, a light string cheese for 50 calories and 6 slices of chicken (sandwich meat) for 70 calories. I recently started making kale chips a lot too. I think its 30-40 calories per cup of kale, and it really doesn't take much olive oil. Good luck!
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It is hard to beat protein for "bang for buck" in the hunger department. Look at lean ham, turkey breast, prawns, sardines etc, which come in tinned or deli packet form and all around 100 cal per 100g. I did the Dukan diet for six months and lost over 25kg and these were my "panic" foods, when I needed to feel full. Perhaps not the healthiest choice but as my doctor advised, "your obesity will kill you long before poor nutrition or food additives will". Once the weight came off I returned to more normal eating but in much smaller clothes.

I love your doctor's advice! I fully understand that I'm overdoing it with the sodium, but sticking to a routine and shedding pounds is the most important thing for me right now. I can finetune it later. :)
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    The Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts are only 80 calories and are to die for! They aren't as thick or sour as other Greek yogurts I've tried, and I'm a huge fan of the toasted coconut as week as the banana cream. They also keep me full and satisfy my sweet tooth
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try yogurt, some almonds, tablespoon of peanut butter, apples. If anything, think some crunchy fruits or veggies. The more you chew on foods like this, the more your body is telling your mind that you are getting full and satisfied. Good luck!
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts are only 80 calories and are to die for! They aren't as thick or sour as other Greek yogurts I've tried, and I'm a huge fan of the toasted coconut as week as the banana cream. They also keep me full and satisfy my sweet tooth

Just had the blueberry one for a snack today after lunch and kept me full or for a long time until dinner. Always a good choice.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    bump !