Foods you can eat a lot of for 100 calories or less?

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    a full serving of cottage cheese is pretty huge, and super filling because of the protein.
  • gg24
    gg24 Posts: 58
    Options
    1 cup of bay shrimp is 90 cals. For around 150 cals put the shrimp over a big bowl of romaine and add some low-cal dressing. They really are coming out with some good ones since they started using yogurt as their base.
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Try yogurt, some almonds, tablespoon of peanut butter, apples. If anything, think some crunchy fruits or veggies. The more you chew on foods like this, the more your body is telling your mind that you are getting full and satisfied. Good luck!

Almonds and peanut butter do nothing for satiating me, sadly, but fruits/veggies do! I do like pistachios... Academically, I know that you're not getting any more volume than almonds, but the whole process of de-shelling makes it feel like more food.
  • skip2lulu
    skip2lulu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    2 cups of diced watermelon! It's actually hard to eat that much.
  • cmeyers186
    cmeyers186 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A fig has only 7 calories, is pretty bulky and filled with fiber. If you ate 10 of them you would be stuffed and still only at 70 calories. Celery is another one.
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    3/4 pound brocolli.
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Try yogurt, some almonds, tablespoon of peanut butter, apples. If anything, think some crunchy fruits or veggies. The more you chew on foods like this, the more your body is telling your mind that you are getting full and satisfied. Good luck!

Almonds and peanut butter do nothing for satiating me, sadly, but fruits/veggies do! I do like pistachios... Academically, I know that you're not getting any more volume than almonds, but the whole process of de-shelling makes it feel like more food.

I can understand that, it took me awhile down my weight loss journey for almonds or a tablespoon of peanut butter to satisfy me too.
  • ScubaAmyMN
    ScubaAmyMN Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    bump - love the ideas here

The only addition I have is making kale chips. They do nothing for actual hunger, but if I just feel like munching on something, it works pretty well.

I agree with cereal. A small bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios feels substantial to me.

I just made a whole shopping list from this thread!
  • hallsm1
    hallsm1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    About a cup of frozen grapes. It's like eating tiny Popsicles and being frozen it slows down how quickly you can eat them!
  • EmbraceFlow
    EmbraceFlow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this thread. Watermelon :D
  • marvelmo
    marvelmo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • staceylw31
    staceylw31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bryers no sugar added Neapolitan Ice Cream. 1/2 cup is 80 calories...and it is SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD. My room mate and I had to force ourselves to put it away lol
  • staceylw31
    staceylw31 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts are only 80 calories and are to die for! They aren't as thick or sour as other Greek yogurts I've tried, and I'm a huge fan of the toasted coconut as week as the banana cream. They also keep me full and satisfy my sweet tooth

Just had the blueberry one for a snack today after lunch and kept me full or for a long time until dinner. Always a good choice.

my favorite is the chocolate cherry :happy:
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I use raw sugar snap peas as vehicles for dips, instead of chips. They're 88 cals for a 7.5 oz. bag. Add some salsa or hummus, and you've got a HUGE tasty snack for relatively few calories.

Cant wait to try that!

How about some quinoa? Super low in calories, high in protein and nutrients, keeps you really full.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    You can eat a lot of cauliflower for 100 calories. I usually buy the microwave bags & then add some Season All to give it a little more flavor.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump

Thanks for this thread OP
  • naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've become a big fan of Edy's Outshine frozen fruit pops. 60-80 calories depending on the flavor, a bit of nutrition, big enough you feel like you're getting a real treat, and no artificial sweeteners. (I'm not trying to start the argument about their safety AGAIN, but I hate the way they taste.)
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i have two tupperware containers with seven sections to them each.. i fill them up with all kinds of healthy veggies and some fruit for a salad bar .. if im not in the mood for spring greens then ill grab some of the veggies and fill my plate up and munch away
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great ideas!