protein

Options
I made a post yesterday about being over protein, and again today i will be over protein, I know it is probably not a big deal to be over by a bit, but angers me. Does everyone usually not eat a protein for lunch, I am wondering if I should just have a salad and a fruit or yogurt. What is a normal lunch for everyone, ideas please. I love tuna and salmon so that is what i have been having but way to much protein and not enough calories so when trying to use up calories not much options for what i like. kinda sucks gonna take awhile to get my eating in order i think

Replies

• praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    I made a post yesterday about being over protein, and again today i will be over protein, I know it is probably not a big deal to be over by a bit, but angers me. Does everyone usually not eat a protein for lunch, I am wondering if I should just have a salad and a fruit or yogurt. What is a normal lunch for everyone, ideas please. I love tuna and salmon so that is what i have been having but way to much protein and not enough calories so when trying to use up calories not much options for what i like. kinda sucks gonna take awhile to get my eating in order i think
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is the best diet or not, but I try just to replace two of my meals with raisin bran. I eat breakfast and lunch of raisin bran. I also have a mid morning snack and a mid day snack of an apple. I also stopped snacking at night. I just joined the site today. But so far I am actually under what I should have taken in on calories and protein. Hope that helps!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have been asking about the protein thing. The protein recommendation on this site is low! Especially for someone doing any kind of exercise. Our muscles need protein for recovery. Going over this recommendation for protein is totally fine and should not slow your weight loss (as long as your not overdoing it...like hundreds of calories over). But, going over every day is something that I, as well as many others, do. So, don't worry about it. Check out some of the other posts on protein as well...there is good advice from others!

*Kistinbee*
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    There is a post about protein from today, go and find it. Eat a balanced diet, of carbs, protein and fat, do not restrict foods, you will lose vital nutrients that help the body stay healthy anfd efficiant.
  • daniellerprescott
    Options
    :mad: I agree, this is my first day but I was over protein and over carbs too, I had some shrimp-not fried-for lunch with brown rice-not fried thinking this was a good choice when working out, I agree with the statement about needing protein to work out...our bodies need good protein, fat and good cholesterol to function and balance hormones so that is key. I am going to try to keep it lean proteins and see what happens, good luck!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Alright People. :wink:
    First you are not the only one with this problem, in fact this is the 3rd post we have had today on this very subject.
    It is a common thing and some of us think that the protien is WAY to low.
    YOU do have the option of adjusting it.
    Go to the main page, Go to goals.
    When there click CHANGE GOALS
    Then click Custom
    Then 3rd down you will see protien. I would make it more like 20% 60g
    Protien is niffty stuff.
    It makes us fuller longer, It keeps our moods from swinging, it down right makes us happy.
    it helps muscle do what muscle is sopposed to do by burning fat to make more wonderful muscle.
    THAT SAID HOWEVER! Do not eat all protien. Add fruit and veggies to that to make your body function at prime levels.
    --Diann...
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Thanks diann...I had changed mine earlier. I wonder if there is a way to announce this to everyone since so many people have been asking...especially today!

*Kistinbee*