Help me create an exercise plan!

Options
Okay! Currently trying to tone my body. I could use toning in my legs (I have fat thighs) and can use a little lifting and firming in my butt. My abdominal region is fairly toned. I do not have a flat stomach, but do not have a pudgy stomach either. I have flabby-ish arms that could use toning aswell. My overall weight is okay. but the weight is not distributed evenly. (bigger thighs, smaller stomach, small boobs, chubbyish arms)

Currently doing the "30 day squat challenge" paired with the "30 day ab challenge" and "30 day wall sit challenge" including lunges and push ups from the "30 day challenge"

For those of you who hasn't heard of these challenges, they include the following ; squats, sit ups, crunches, leg raises, planks, push ups, lunges, wall sit,

What other exercises can I include that does not require me going out and buying weights etc?

(Just completed day 2 of these 30 day challenges)

Replies

• MrsBryant923
    MrsBryant923 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try using fitness plans on bodybuilding.com it's a great site for exercise planning!
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for recommending bodybuilding.com! I needed something like that. I do cardio but I needed a workout plan to build my muscles.
  • Jellybnzbro
    Options
    Just took a look and i'm pretty much doing the exact same thing with these challenges.
    They don't seem to have any 'simple' exercises. How many to do, what type to do, how often.
    I'm looking more for the names of exercises that pertain to the parts of my body I wanna tone.
    Like jumping jacks and what part of the body they work
    Tricep dip and what part of the body they work.

I'm a beginner and easily lost on all these work outs. Just want the exercise name, what part it will help tone, and recommended amount per day, so I can youtube how to properly do it, and add it to the current list of exercises. If that makes sense?
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So if your already doing squats and lunges which will help to build muscle along with toning your legs. Push up will tone your triceps but also chest muscle. You can do dips on the edge of a sofa, chair etc which will help to develop triceps also.
    Jumping jacks is a form of a warm-up/cardio if perform during circuit training. If you have a park near by can perform inverted pull on a bar to build back muscle.
    Step ups-good for quads.
  • Jellybnzbro
    Options
    Does anyone know what the exercise is called where you lay on your back and lift your hips up in the air? Sort of like 'humping' the air? I've tried to google it to find the name and the area it works, but cannot find anything on it.
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Try it other way around. Google for exercises for muscles you want to tone. For example, I was never able to do push ups. I know for push ups you have to have strong triceps and chest. So I googled exercises for triceps and now I am doing it 3x per week.

Also you can try to google for example "squat muscles involved". Look for pictures. All is there :)
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know what the exercise is called where you lay on your back and lift your hips up in the air? Sort of like 'humping' the air? I've tried to google it to find the name and the area it works, but cannot find anything on it.

Its called Hip Thrust good for glutes and hamstring
  • Jellybnzbro
    Options
    Thank you both!
    Slowly learning. And I'll try googling that way, smetka01 :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Can I ask are you in caloric deficit? The only way to get "toned" is to lower your body fat%.
  • PixieDustTwinkleToes
    PixieDustTwinkleToes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Can I ask are you in caloric deficit? The only way to get "toned" is to lower your body fat%.

This. You can't spot reduce where your body loses fat from. Lower your body fat % with diet and lift heavy to retain your lean body mass. Toning is a myth that needs to be killed with fiah.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Squat 3 x 10
    Bench press 3 x 8
    Bent row 3 x 8
    Military press 3 x 8
    Stiff leg deadlift 3 x 8
    BB curl 3 x 8 (except I do pullups cause I like em)
    info here http://ausbb.com/strength-training-power-lifting/9460-beginners-program.html
  • Jellybnzbro
    Options
    Caloric Deficit - Sort of. Most days I don't eat enough to reach the total amount of calories I'm allowed to eat (1,200)
    Other days I will eat over my daily calories allowed, and will still do the same exercises, same amount.