Anyone have a recipe for ratatouille

Options
candistyx
candistyx Posts: 547 Member
Specifically one that uses one courgette and one aubergine as that is what I got in my veg box this week. I've never made it before but when I saw a courgette and an aubergine I wanted to make it. All the recipes I've found need different proportions (double the number of courgettes to aubergines).

Replies

• ninavdd
    ninavdd Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't think ratatouille is rocket science. Just trow in what you got. :)

I usually use: courgette, aubergine, red pepper, garlic, onion and tomatoes. You can sauté them off in a pan and then add some wine and tomatoes and simmer, but I prefer an oven roasted one.

- cut all the veggies in big chunks (also my preference - small pieces are also allowed :) ) . I like to keep the garlic cloves whole and unpeeled. They have a gorgeous flavour when oven roasted.
    - cover with some olive oil and fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary). Don't add the tomatoes yet.
    - put in the oven (180°) for about 40 minutes or untill your veggies are soft
    - add tomatoes - put 10 minutes extra in the oven

Add some flatleaf parsley, a drizzle of olive oil, and maybe a squeeze of lemon juice. Voila!
  • leahshepherd
    leahshepherd Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This ratatouille is seriously amazeballs. I usually reduce the oil... but it is pretty much just veg but tastes incredible!

http://healthyrecipes.wikia.com/wiki/Tamara's_Ratatouille