Goal!

Options
My name is Ashley and I'm 21. I weight 170 lbs. but look like I weigh around 150 (incredibly annoying). I'm extremely fit from first playing soccer all of my life and now I run at least 4-5 miles of interval sprint runs every other day (my new program) and do an hour of cardio on the off days. I don't do strength training because i want to make sure i know what I'm doing before I start lifting weights. I live at the beach every summer and this summer I'm really pushing for people to see the real me behind these stubborn pounds and so I've set a weight loss goal to lose 25lbs. before summer. I'm going to try my best!
Good luck everyone!

Replies

• Tbonestl
    Options
    You can do it!
  • baby81girl2003
    baby81girl2003 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    People don't think I weigh as much as I do either. Good luck to you!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck to you reaching your... GOALLLL!!!
  • MayaPapaya64
    Options
    Good luck, Ashley! You can do it!
  • Thorneapple
    Options
    Hi Ashley!

Building up your cardio before starting the strength training sounds like a smart idea. When you are ready to start that I have a couple of suggestions, if I may. See if your local gym offers any freebie personal trainer sessions. They can help you to line up a workout routine to help you reach your goal. Another option is a book-based workout that I use. The title is New Rules of Lifting for Women, by Lou Schuler. Its a great workout and he explains everything pretty well.

Good luck to you on reaching your goal. You can do it!