Making a chicken korma tonight

Options
Plenty of vegetables, chicken and Asda good to yourself range korma sauce.

What can I have as the 'rice' I really don't want rice, so thinking of alternatives, if any ?

Replies

• o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chicken korma...but thought it was a ton of calories> Would you mind sharing your recipe with me?
  • Saraph
    Saraph Posts: 3
    Options
    I had chicken Korma last night and instead of rice, I just add 2 cups of frozen brocoli with it. It really does the trick!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I LOVE chicken korma...but thought it was a ton of calories> Would you mind sharing your recipe with me?

It's not home made, it's from a jar bought in Asda from their 'diet' range. Sorry to dissapoint haha
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried cauliflower rice? Another MFP friend suggested it to me- just take cauliflower and grade it with a hand grader and it looks like rice. Much less in calories =)
  • AimsMac
    AimsMac Posts: 18
    Options
    i roasted half a pepper then put the curry inside it, really really nice, juicy and filling :)
  • Bzbear2
    Bzbear2 Posts: 109
    Options
    you could also try another grain!

- quinoa
    - barley
    -wheat berries
    - whole wheat coucous
    -polenta
    -bulgar

yum yum
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    MMMM...had chicken korma last night. I found it at costco but it was nothing like the korma I get from a local indo-pak restaurant...but it was yummy indeed and way less cals than the korma i know and love from my lil spot i go too! LOL I still used the rice but I used the basmati rice, only 1cup cooked.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i buy the asda korma all the time and its lovely and one of my bfs favs!

Chicken - Breast, meat only, raw, 150 g 165 0 2 0 98 0
    Asda - Korma Cooking Sauce, 150 g 101 10 6 3 0 6
    Asda Smart Price - Broccoli, 100 g boiled 31 2 1 0 0 1
    Peas - Green, frozen, unprepared, 30 g 23 4 0 0 34 2
    Asda - Sweetcorn (Frozen), 30 g 33 5 1 0 0 0
    cals carbs fats satfat
    Total: 353 21 10 3

all very filling and without rice i put the broccoli on the side to replace the rice and mix the chicken,peas and sweetcorn in with sauce.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    Is that the diet sauce or the full fat sauce ?
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    i think that one is the full fat one actually, but the last time i did a shop i bought the good for you one because i couldn't find the one i normally buy so i hope it tastes as good when i get around to eating it again! i only make this about once a month for a treat!
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    I don't think I have much left in the fridge, using up the chicken fillets and veg before they go off. Thanks
  • Matt_S_1978
    Options
    I made it and it was delicious

2 x Chicken breasts
    1 x green pepper
    1 x red pepper
    1 x yellow pepper
    15 x Chantenay carrots
    sprinkle of dried chill spice, paprika
    handful of frozen mixed vegetables
    Steamed broccoli instead of rice
    Couple of mini onion bhajis too

There's still 2 more dishes to be served up for lunch tomorrow and dinner some time too. Result.