Things I WISH I had known in the begining of my diet & how

Options

Replies

• kminjares08
    Options
    thanks!!! I'm glad you shared this with me :)
  • fitmom125
    Options
    Awesome post. Thanks. I appreciate it.
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am just starting this week and it's been a struggling but I am in this for the long run and I am going to try everyday!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice. I'm in week two of my body transformation and trying to get a handle on it all. I see you've lost 40 lbs, that's my goal too! I have two kids 8 and 7. I hadn't lost the baby weight from #1 when I got pregnant with #2. Just before delivery I was 200lbs.
    I think it's a good idea for everyone to chronicle their weight loss journey and share it with others. Bravo!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    great post, if this was a blog I would have "liked" it :)
  • helluva4
    Options
    Wonderful...simply wonderful!
  • mtemple
    Options
    Thank you for your post. One of the obstacles has been getting on the scale. It just seems not to move no matter what I do; but I am losing inches. Again, thanks for your inspiration!!!
  • msdebg
    msdebg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for writing this. It is always great to read the road someone traveled! Very inspiring!
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! I'm glad you shared this with me :)

Aw Kim glad you found it to be some help :wink:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am just starting this week and it's been a struggling but I am in this for the long run and I am going to try everyday!

That's awesome! That my friend is the hardest part...getting motivated then staying motivated, but remember you can do it! Your already in the right mind-set!! :wink:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Thank you so much for the advice. I'm in week two of my body transformation and trying to get a handle on it all. I see you've lost 40 lbs, that's my goal too! I have two kids 8 and 7. I hadn't lost the baby weight from #1 when I got pregnant with #2. Just before delivery I was 200lbs.
    I think it's a good idea for everyone to chronicle their weight loss journey and share it with others. Bravo!

I was the same way when I got pregnant with my 2nd 9months after my 1st was born. So their only 17months apart. But after I had my 2nd the weight fell right off (I had just turned 18, damn quick teenager metabolism) lol, I can't even really blame my weight gain on my 3rd because I was losing the first 3months for no apparent reason and anemic, the iron pills made me sick the whole way through so I started my pregnancy at 129 and only got up to 150, got down to 138 after he was born and racked on the pounds after that just out of pure comfort and turning to any kind of edible food after he was born because I was so busy all the time with my other four kids and then a new baby! It can be done, it's never too late just keep your head in the game and never lose sight of why you want to lose weight!! Good luck!:smile:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    great post, if this was a blog I would have "liked" it :)

Thank you, I'm actually working on adding it to my blog today:wink:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Thank you for your post. One of the obstacles has been getting on the scale. It just seems not to move no matter what I do; but I am losing inches. Again, thanks for your inspiration!!!

Inches is an awesome achievment too! Just keep at it because your obviously doing something right!!:bigsmile:
  • cre8ivtchr
    Options
    Thank you so much! This is EXACTLY what I needed to read! Congratulations on your success.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Great post!!!! I agree with all of your tips! I've lost 65 lbs. following the same guidelines. I also ate 1200 calories a day, allowed myself the occasional cheat day about once a week. I also got rid of those liquid calories except for the occasional treat. Alcohol or a latte from time to time is okay. I think of it like a special treat.
    For those who struggle with an addiction to sweets- I understand completely. I can't get enough of them! While dieting I allowed myself ONE sweet thing a day. I work in an office where I'm constantly tempted by sweets. A rule that helped me is to only have a little if it's homemade. Homemade goodies are the better ones anyway! It's important not to deprive yourself of those things you love- you'll risk over indulging as a result. Sweets are almost better as more of a rarity.
    I have a really hard time with working out but once you get into a routine it becomes easier. It helps to have a friend to work out with- if someone is meeting you at the gym you won't want to ditch them.
    One thing that I did differently is that I do eat after 7. I usually have my biggest meal around 6 and I have another small snack later in the night like a few crackers. If I work out in the evening I always had a little protein filled snack after words as well. It hasn't hindered my progress but I do think it helps to go to sleep a little hungry. It helps you to feel like you had a good day.
    I also weigh in everyday. I know this isn't good for some people but it helps keep me accountable.
    Just my input! Good luck everyone! Remember to reward yourself for all of the hard work you're doing. It's sooo worth it!!!!!!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    Well said! Kimberly! I agre completely with everything you said, even the snack thing I ate something lite last nite at about 7:30 it's was Annie's Bunnies, I LOVE THEM! Just like goldfish but no additives or preservatives.But because I worked out on my elliptical for an hour right before my snack!

REWARDS DEFENITLY AGREED!!

Thanks girl!:bigsmile:
  • WildFlower7
    Options
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    going to bump this so i can read it later ;)
  • dmkgirly82
    Options
    This was awesome! So helpful :) thanks so much!
  • WildFlower7
    Options
    This was awesome! So helpful :) thanks so much!

You are most welcome :)