feeling disheartened

Options
2»

Replies

• PatrickXFCE
    PatrickXFCE Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Since I started back into this routine, I have had an easier time breathing(I have asthma). Have you noticed any differences otherwise, leaving aside what the scale says?
  • mummyjonno
    mummyjonno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm sure hoping so, but plonker here didn't take measurements. Will be doing that today and throwing the scales in the garage though.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I am always under target although I tend to log in a book rather than on the site although I do use the site to gage how many calories per portion of whatever. I am currently eating between 1600-1700 per day and that's not including any working out I do. According to my hrm which is programmed with my gender, height, weight my morning incline is around 400-500 and the kettlebells or insanity around 350 mark.

I would strongly suggest that you use the site to accurately log your calories for say a month or so. It would be ideal if you used a weighing scale to measure out your servings if at all possible.

I understand this may be a pain but it will give you a much better handle on portion sizes and so on and help with consistency.

I wouldn't worry about your current gain. It's entirely likely that it is fluid retention particularly given your current weight.

Be consistent. Be patient. Be awesome.
  • sammama5
    sammama5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This reason is why I gave up every time I ever decided to lose weight until last year.
    Last year, I decided I was going to do it long haul, whether there were any results or not. I had been suspecting there must be some health issue (thyroid or something) causing me to hold on to the weight. I had headaches constantly, no energy, and didn't fit in my clothes.
    I kept logging my food on here. I had friends who kept me accountable (for a while...they all stopped using MFP 3 months in). I kept exercising even though I hated it.
    Guess what? After a month, I dropped about 5 lbs suddenly. (no gradual -.5, -1, -.8 stuff) My headaches disappeared. I had boundless energy. My clothes were LOOSE!

1. Find friends (strangers with common goals) who have been logging consistently.
    2. Log it here honestly with an open diary (at least to friends).
    3. Have PATIENCE-it's not a crash diet, it's a lifestyle change. One is immediate and temporary. The other is a lifetime of choices.
    Feel free to add me. (I know it looks bad b/c I only have a logging streak of 5 days...check my diary. I had no internet for a week and lost my streak of 90.)
  • mummyjonno
    mummyjonno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too actually and I am noticing that I don't have to take my inhaler more often during work outs anymore and I am going a little faster every few days, an incline extra if I'm feeling brave and more Kettlebell reps than when I started
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I have asthma too actually and I am noticing that I don't have to take my inhaler more often during work outs anymore and I am going a little faster every few days, an incline extra if I'm feeling brave and more Kettlebell reps than when I started
    That's a NSV (non-scale victory). They're every bit as important as (if not more so than) the number on the scale.
  • Thor_Girl
    Thor_Girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    PATIENCE. Just because sometimes we hit the "wall" doesn't mean we are only restricted to the distance behind us. You have to be patient and push through the struggles to experience the accomplishments ahead. Stick at it. Your hard work will pay off :)
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    it takes longer than 2 weeks to get out of shape.....so it is going to take more than two week to get back in shape......consistency is the key and YOU WILL SEE results......keep grinding!!!!

if you are already putting your inhaler down at 2 weeks think of how you will feel at 2 months
  • cameheretolose50
    cameheretolose50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry :cry: . I know what that feels like. I deal with that too. Are you weighing at the same time every weigh day?

Because for me, I absolutely have to do it in the morning because I will literally weigh maybe 10 pounds more just from eating daily meals and drinking lots of water. Then I'll wake up in the morning and my weight measurement is accurate, and I can tell whether I've lost or gained weight.

There are times too when I definitely feel like I lost weight, but the scale shows something different. Then I have to rework what I'm doing. There was a week when I was maintaining high (and unhealthy, though I didn't know it) caloric deficits but I wasn't losing any weight. The following week I didn't work out and I ate more, keeping with the myfitnesspal deficit and lost 2 lbs that week. I'm not at all saying that you or anyone else shouldn't work out to lose weight (my metabolism was probably just still revved up because of all of the working out that I had done the previous week and was still going at that pace but without my body holding on to and storing my intake), I'm just saying that maybe there is something that isn't working within what you're doing, but it's hard to see because you really are trying your best with what you think should be working.