NEED HELP

Options
Please if someone can help me I want to work on my abs . I really don't know if I can get a thight stomach again I do have stretch marks and a loose stomach after having my daughther I was never able to tighthing my stomach. If it's possible to get a flat stomach even with loose skin please help me with good exercises I can do. All the help will be greatly appriciated . Thanks in advance!

Replies

• blvndr88
    blvndr88 Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi,
    It is very possible to build your core/ab muscles again and reduce the loose skin, but without surgery it is not possible to 100% revert back to your pre-pregnancy stomach. There are many ab workouts on bodybuilding.com that I follow. Good luck!
  • esteffz23
    esteffz23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information. I sure will check out the website :)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Not sure about getting rid of loose skin, probably more surgical in nature; exercise probably won't do too much about that.

Core training ideas (may have to Google)

Abs
    - Situps
    - Leg Raises
    - Front Planks
    - Standing cable pulldowns

Obliques
    - Side Planks
    - Cable Chops
    - Cable Lifts
    - Side bends (though I don't care for these)
    - Palloff Press

Low back
    - Back Raises
    - Reverse Hyperextensions
    - Superman / Pointing dog
    - Banded Good Mornings
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I say it depends on how much loose skin you have before resorting to surgery. I have had 3 kids and was able to get a tight stomach after the first two and I'm still working on my last baby, but she's only 1. It definitely takes time and my workouts have needed to evolve to be more effective as I've gotten older and had more children, but it's definitely feasible. I lift heavy, run, cross train, boot camp, etc for a comprehensive workout plan. I would start with heavy lifting if you haven't already.
  • esteffz23
    Options
    Not sure about getting rid of loose skin, probably more surgical in nature; exercise probably won't do too much about that.

Core training ideas (may have to Google)

Abs
    - Situps
    - Leg Raises
    - Front Planks
    - Standing cable pulldowns

Obliques
    - Side Planks
    - Cable Chops
    - Cable Lifts
    - Side bends (though I don't care for these)
    - Palloff Press

Low back
    - Back Raises
    - Reverse Hyperextensions
    - Superman / Pointing dog
    - Banded Good Mornings

Thank you so much for the information is really helpful. I have already tried some of the exercises and they are great :)
  • esteffz23
    Options
    I say it depends on how much loose skin you have before resorting to surgery. I have had 3 kids and was able to get a tight stomach after the first two and I'm still working on my last baby, but she's only 1. It definitely takes time and my workouts have needed to evolve to be more effective as I've gotten older and had more children, but it's definitely feasible. I lift heavy, run, cross train, boot camp, etc for a comprehensive workout plan. I would start with heavy lifting if you haven't already.

Really you are really giving me hope..lol how often did you exercise and how LNG did it took you to start seeing results, if you don't mind me asking!
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Of course there's hope! I actually have always worked out. I started lifting 20 years ago in high school and I've been doing it on and off since, mostly on. I lifted and did cardio all the way through all of my pregnancies and started working out again right after I was cleared from my OB. And I would say it will take several months to see results. You'll have noticeable differences, i.e. inches lost within the first month, week even depending on your starting point. Keep at it! And just remember that if you have bad days, pick it back up and keep going!