Lunch Ideas

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, I know I have posted before about this but once again I have become bored with lunches. I usually do a turkey sandwich with cheese and mayo on wheat bread or a salad with mixed greens, cheese, dressing, and croutons. I work in an office so I do have access to a fridge and microwave. However, I am picky when it comes to leftovers unless its pasta or from a restaurant. Also I don't want anything that has too much prep since I do all my prep for lunch in the evening. Oh and my range for calories for the day is 1370 if I don't workout. Any suggestions are much appreciated! :happy: :happy: :tongue:

Replies

• mrslstage
    mrslstage Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine is my BFF!
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I eat grilled chicken and steamed rice most days. Get the frozen chicken strips and microwave them. I use a rice cooker for my rice. You could just take it with you already cooked. Add some veggies or whatever...
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lunch is usually my smallest meal. I like cottage cheese or yogurt or tuna plus 3 servings of raw veggies or 2 veggies and 1 fruit plus a Kashi bar.
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Sausage pizza and a beer.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I do a big 900 calorie breakfast of oatmeal and lots of fruit. Lunch I do a low carb wrap (90 calories) with some turkey and guacamole. Clocks in at 260 calories, works for me.
  • Cerakoala
    Cerakoala Posts: 2,547 Member
    Options
    I try not to do packaged meals and i work very long hours :) So i prepare all my meals ahead of time on the weekends. For lunches I love soups. This is one of my faves and I freeze it and just grab and go when I want it. It makes a few servings :)

Chicken Fajita Soup
    - 2 chicken breasts (I cook in the oven then shred them)
    - 1 can green chillis
    - 1 bottle V8
    - I use tomatoes from my garden and mash them to make a soup broth (or if you prefer caned buy 2 cans diced tomatoes)
    - Fresh Cilantro (I add the whole bunch lol I love this stuff but just use as much as you want to flavor it)
    - 1/2 red onion sliced.
    -1 green pepper
    -1/4 bag frozen corn
    -1 small yellow squash sliced
    - 1 can black beans
    -1 package of fajita mix seasoning (I like the taco bell or el paso brands)

Cook till its all simmered together :) I love this stuff
  • Jeanne130LBS
    Jeanne130LBS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My fav is a Mission extra soft tortilla sm size with 2 oz canned chicken breast, 1 wedge laughing cow cheese ( Queso Fresco Chipolte flavored) 2 tbs peach jam and shredded lettuce rolled inside. Just delicious with a slight kick from the cheese and 255 calories. Hope you try and enjoy. Another fav is 2 slices of Dave's Killer bread toast with butter spray and 2 tbs of PB2 peanut butter. :drinker:
  • Reikelle
    Reikelle Posts: 2
    Options
    One of my favorite lunch ideas is anything involving kale. If you get a skillet, add some olive oil, cook in your fish (I prefer salmon, flounder, or tilapia) or chicken, season it how you please (garlic, dash of salt, pepper, lemon/lime juice), cut some small pieces of tomatoes, add in the kale, cover the skillet with a lid for about 5-10 mins depending how you like the crunchiness of your kale, and there you go. Easy peezy and takes minimal time!