You fancy, huh.

Options

Replies

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I incorporate some kind of nut to my fruit snacks, e.g. walnuts on homemade dairy free avocado ice cream, peanut butter on bananas, walnuts on kiwi/apple/mango fruit salad...it adds to the texture and makes the meal more filling....

10349071_10202490736522884_9091243297977070691_n.jpg
    10487557_10202705141082864_4788509398283662487_n.jpg
    10295707_10202480951638268_6155178345885450728_n.jpg

That homemade avocado ice cream looks so good!
  • bigblondewolf
    bigblondewolf Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Bump for the yummy recipes!
  • alicia0412
    alicia0412 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welp... I know what I'm referencing when I make my grocery trip tomorrow!
  • RaJoCo
    RaJoCo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I incorporate some kind of nut to my fruit snacks, e.g. walnuts on homemade dairy free avocado ice cream, peanut butter on bananas, walnuts on kiwi/apple/mango fruit salad...it adds to the texture and makes the meal more filling....

10349071_10202490736522884_9091243297977070691_n.jpg
    10487557_10202705141082864_4788509398283662487_n.jpg
    10295707_10202480951638268_6155178345885450728_n.jpg

That homemade avocado ice cream looks so good!

It's really easy to make....check out the recipe I posted here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1336705-dairy-free-avocado-ice-cream-with-walnuts
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bobbinalong
    bobbinalong Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    oh my....
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    a few chopped toasted pecans, a couple of tbsp of goat chev, drizzle of honey- small snack but decadent, natural and deeee-lish!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,933 Member
    Options
    Bump! Avocado ice cream sounds interesting! I might try avo-banana or something too.

Why do I always forget about cinnamon?
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    lately: rice crispie treats made with pink lemonade marshmallows, covered with red/white//blue melted chocolate and sprinkles. someday i'll post a pic. these have tested well and not well--not everyone likes the sweet/tart -ness
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The other day I had an intense craving for blueberry pie and was not up to going out to get one. Instead, I microwaved frozen blueberries until they were hot and soft like pie filling, drained the juice, sweetened to taste, added a little plain greek yogurt mixed with vanilla extract, and it totally did the trick.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I usually puree some unsweetened fruit to add to my plain greek yogurt, but last week, I was too lazy and decided to try a few different things - went with almond extract for a couple days and it actually tasted pretty good. Also have done cinnamon and that is yummy too. But everyone's ideas here sound way better than anything I have come up with.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I will take yogurt, fruit and some granola, voila a parfait...
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Today I put cinnamon in my 60 calorie sugar-free vanilla snack pack and it tasted like cinnamon bun frosting.

I also dipped my 70 calorie 2% string cheese in balsamic vinegar, onion powder, s/p and basil to jazz it up.

What simple tricks do y'all use to make yourself feel like you're not eating a totally lame snack?

I'm totes fancy.

I replace my lame snack with a chicken breast. Then chuckle to myself, thinking about eating breasts.

Fancy.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    I'm not very creative with diet foods... I once tried substituting plain skyr for sour cream in a dip mix... Seemed like a good idea, but it made me gag. So if I have a lame snack on my hands, I throw it in the trash and eat a non-lame snack instead.

A couple ounces of deli ham or chicken with about a half ounce of cheddar and a handful of pretzel crisps.
    A hunk of angel food cake drowning in a pile of berries.
    A handful of Diamond dark chocolate-flavored roasted almonds.
    A Talenti salted caramel gelato pop.

Each of those is a couple hundred calories' worth of fancy.
  • jaxxkida
    jaxxkida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I put cool whip light between cinnamon graham crackers, wrap in plastic wrap, freeze and pretend its ice cream sandwich.. Drool

These are one of my favorites! I usually add chopped strawberries or about a teaspoon of mini chocolate chips before freezing.

This sounds delish!!
  • tryin2bfit2
    Options
    bump
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I use the trick of eating things I enjoy, and making them fit into my diet.
  • lily_swenson
    lily_swenson Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love adding coconut oil + a lil parmesan cheese and salt to air poped popcorn.
    or fresh herbs and balsamic vinegar
    I like freezing those yogurt whips, tastes like icecream
    I love putting a pinch of salt + a crack of black pepper and olive oil in oatmeal. put a bit of white cheese (or not) on top and its divine ..
    or scallions and lite soy sauce in oatmeal..
    and also curry powder + caramelized onions in oatmeal.
    I also love making plain chicken in the crockpot then shredding it, putting franks hotsauce in it, and eating it on tortilla chips (or with a fork lmao)
    I like savory foods more than sweet foods
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    plain fat free Greek yogurt makes an excellent sour cream substitute love flavored ones for desert. When making recipes I cut the meat in half and double the veggies. When using ground beef I mix it with mushrooms, zucchini and squash I minced up inn the food processor. I love spaghetti squash.
    Make no food off limits just limit your portions :)