Changing my weigh-in days..Any Monday weighers?

Options
So I have decided to change my weekly weigh in days from Friday morning to Monday morning because I have a hard time staying on track on the weekends which causes me to have a problem come weigh in time. I feel that if I change it to Monday mornings, it will help me think twice about going crazy on Friday's as well as it will surely make me think twice before allowing it to carry over into Saturday and Sunday. Has anyone else done this and it actually helped their journey?

Replies

• CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    My weigh-in is on Monday, and I find it does exactly what you say. I know that scale is coming on Monday, and it really makes me reconsider binging away all weekend long!
    That being said, if I want a piece of cake, and it fits, I eat the cake. :wink:
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yes this is my plan exactly! Thanks for replying :)
    My weigh-in is on Monday, and I find it does exactly what you say. I know that scale is coming on Monday, and it really makes me reconsider binging away all weekend long!
    That being said, if I want a piece of cake, and it fits, I eat the cake. :wink:
  • CarlaNB
    CarlaNB Posts: 38
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I do Mondays. I like the fresh start of a new week. I know what I weigh and can make food adjustments throughout the week, if needed. I don't know. I just find Mondays promising!
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    It already has me thinking and wanting to stay on track a lot today knowing that I start weighing in on Monday's now.

Thanks for your reply :)
    I do Mondays. I like the fresh start of a new week. I know what I weigh and can make food adjustments throughout the week, if needed. I don't know. I just find Mondays promising!
  • lissac53
    lissac53 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in first thing Monday morning. Its the only thing I kinda look forward to on Mondays! :laugh:
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Does it help keep you on track over the weekend knowing that you to weigh on Monday?
    I weigh-in first thing Monday morning. Its the only thing I kinda look forward to on Mondays! :laugh:
  • lissac53
    lissac53 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I would say yes. It gets hard sometimes especially when I work the weekend.
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    i bet it does!
    I would say yes. It gets hard sometimes especially when I work the weekend.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I do Mondays (also take progress pics) - one of the only days I can sleep in! haha - Plus it keeps me *more" accountable over the weekend! :)
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    Awesome! I am surely hoping it helps me with the weekend binges! So far today I am really thinking hard before eating anything and that is with Tom being here! ;)
    I do Mondays (also take progress pics) - one of the only days I can sleep in! haha - Plus it keeps me *more" accountable over the weekend! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning- I typically forget on one day a week because I get busy or late- but I usually get them all in there.

I find it interesting to watch how the salt/water affects weight. I don't find it impacts me one way or the other since I do it regularly.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I weigh on Monday evenings at the gym.
  • Pete1964AK
    Pete1964AK Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've always weighed on a Monday morning.

In fact, Monday has always been the day to start "another" diet. So much so, that even if it was Tuesday when I decided that this I was going to do it properly, I'd still wait till the following Monday before beginning.................
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I think you will find this really helps you stay on track on the weekends. My weigh-in day is Sunday - because Friday and Saturday nights are my challenges....it has helped me. That being said...remember this is a healthy lifestyle, I never turn down a date, party, or a friends b-day cake...I'm just more cognizant of what I'm eating.

Good luck!
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Mondays. :)
  • captmel
    captmel Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I weigh in mondays too! I do have a cheat meal sunday nights but its quite consistant.
  • brittaney0625
    brittaney0625 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    We should have a Monday weigh in forum so we can weigh in together and keep each other motivated or cheer on each other.
  • Allup2Me78
    Options
    I AGREE WITH THE MONDAY WEIGH IN GROUP!! ;)
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am making the change to weigh in Monday as well. I binge too much on the weekends and it just really throws me off :(