AM or PM Exercise?

Options
Hi Everyone, personally I find exercising in the PM a better choice for me. In the mornings I am so groggy and useless. I know a lot of people prefer to exercise in the morning to get their workout for the day completed. Just curious if anyone else prefers to exercise in the PM?

Replies

• pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am totally with you on that one! I am not a morning person and I actually feel sick to my stomach if I work out before lunch time.
  • AsianSnowFlake30
    Options
    I work out with my kettle bell in the morning and I usually run around midnight after work.
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I usually do it after breakfast. Then I don't have to worry about being lazy the rest of the day :laugh:
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I work out as late at night as I can- normally 10pm. It's the best way for me- after exercising I'm exhausted and good for nothing but a quick shower and sleep :)
  • nmmom2
    nmmom2 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do my more strenuous exercise first thing in the morning before breakfast. I then take a walk in the evening after dinner.

It's all what your body feels best doing.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I do most of mine later in the day. I'd really like to become a morning person though and get workouts done early. Any tips for helping with that are appreciated!
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I prefer PM exercises but am more consistent with an AM schedule

while I find morning workouts miserable, when I'm groggy and sleepy I don't have enough mental capacity to talk myself out of going every day.

evening exercise is always more enjoyable, but i tend to rationalize reasons to skip regularly

so I go to the gym every weekday at dawn, before work, before I'm too awake to realize what i'm doing

then save the "fun" workouts for afternoons when I'm in the mood, and don't kick myself if i'm not in the mood, because i already hit the weights at sunrise.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Whichever one you are most likely to stick with.

I hate getting up early to work out. I will occassionally do it, but I do not enjoy it. Hence, I go after work.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't mind what time of day I work out really, as long as it's not after about 9.30pm or within half to 3/4s of an hour of eating.
    At the minute when I go to the gym it's from 10am till 12pm but that's because that is when the referral scheme I'm on runs.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I workout when I can...which means usually a ride at lunch and hitting the gym in the evening a couple of times per week. I like going to the gym in the morning on Saturdays though.
  • doodlejake
    doodlejake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. :-)
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The BEST time to exercise....

is when it fits into your lifestyle!!

I am an AM exerciser! I will wake up at 4AM to get my workout in if that's what it takes.

But after work? No way. Can't do it.
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    PM workouts for sure! I am NOT a morning person and I wake up with barely enough time to shower, dress, eat breakfast and sprint off for the bus to work. :laugh: I prefer my sleep thank you very much. I also have 3 kids and a hubby to lavish attention on so I really don't have any time to myself until about 10pm. I pop my JM RI30 dvd into the PS3 and I workout without any interruptions.
  • jillian_fan2425
    jillian_fan2425 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the kind of exercise. If I'm doing intense cardio or weightlifting where I'm likely to sweat a lot and be really tired afterwards, I prefer to do it in the morning so that I don't have to worry about being too tired after work. On yoga days, though, it can be nice to use my workout to wind down and get ready to go to sleep in the evenings. There are definitely pros and cons to both.
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like middle of the afternoon. It's quiet at the gym then.
  • jiagetsfit
    jiagetsfit Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I prefer both actually. Energy demanding workouts in the morning and pilates or yoga in the evening.