Sudden belly fat gain?

Options
So about 4 days ago I woke up to find that I had gained 1 kg overnight and my stomach was significantly larger than the day before, with no changes to my exercise or diet. For the next few days my weight fluctuated between +1 kg and +2 kg until today when it returned back to normal. However my stomach is still bigger than it used to be; in fact I think it's growing. :sad: I don't know if it's bloat or fat but I think bloating would have gone by now. I've noticed the bloating/fat is in my lower belly, especially below the belly button where there didn't used to be much fat.

I think my period should be coming soon but lately I've been missing periods, and even so I never bloat on my period, and never this bad. What could this be?! :sad:

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I had this 2 weeks ago, it was high sodium food for the week.....? Just bloat, plus with your time of month coming you can bloat even if you never noticed or did before. Gaining 1 kg of fat would be over 7,000 calories above maintenance, even the worse estimator couldn't log that wrong.....so not fat :flowerforyou:
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Your body will naturally fluctuate 2 to 3 kilos a day anyway so that is perfectly normal. Your post I'm afraid reads to me more like a body image issue which maybe needs addressing. Good luck and I hope you find the help.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You're pregnant congrats!

Failing that its just normal fluctuations.
  • mariams99
    mariams99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Unless I've had intercourse without my knowing within the last couple months then it isnt that, lol. :tongue:
  • mariams99
    mariams99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Your body will naturally fluctuate 2 to 3 kilos a day anyway so that is perfectly normal. Your post I'm afraid reads to me more like a body image issue which maybe needs addressing. Good luck and I hope you find the help.

That is an issue for me I admit, but I can see a definite difference!