what's wrong?

Options
I joined MyFitnessPal in November i think. But since November to now my weight has been the same! It seems to be that I can't loose weight
I eat under 1200 calories per day and i am training soccer with a team 2-3 times a week.
I use to skip the breakfast, for lunch only vegetables (like one carrot or one peppers) and for dinner i use to eat meat and vegetables with sauce made on a lot of cream and cheese to that. you may think that's the problem because cheese and cream contains a lot of fat. but my parents eat the same and since they started their diet (LCHF = Low Carbon High Fat), my dad have lost 6 kilograms (13 lbs) and my mom 4 kilograms (9 lbs).
and between lunch and dinner I eat an sandwich or an apple.
Am I doing something wrong?

I wanna loose 10 kilograms (22 lbs) to the summer.

Replies

• aklindsay
    aklindsay Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    it may be because you are not consuming enough calories. at under 1200 calories your body goes into starvation mode and actually tries to hang on to the pounds.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Your not eating enough.. You should eat at least 1200 calories a day, more on days where you workout. Eating less then 1200 calories a day will put your body into starvation mode and make it very hard to lose anything..
  • nw1977
    nw1977 Posts: 4
    Options
    I think you need to eat more calories. 1200 is low and if you are active, you will need even more. Eating too little will put your system in storage mode, which may be the issue why you aren't loosing weight.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Try eating a bigger breakfast. maybe snack more on healthy stuff to kick your metabolism up.
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    You are not eating enough, which causes the body to hold onto everything that you are eating.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, EAT! You need energy to create energy. You actually have to eat to lose weight.
  • losj
    losj Posts: 7
    Options
    thank's for the answers. I think I eat enough and I'm not hungry as often, so it may get hard to eat even more.
  • leti333
    leti333 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You need to eat breakfast for sure- that starts your metabolism going. Then you need to feed your body balanced and "clean" food. You may also want to have your thyroid hormone levels checked- that was my problem. Good luck!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ummmm, EAT! You need energy to create energy. You actually have to eat to lose weight.

this is SO true...........as long as you are eating the right stuff....EAT EAT!! lol
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I eat under 1200 calories per day

This is the problem.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem you do. Not eating enough and I am also not hungry either. If we don't eat enough and consume enough calories, our body goes into a starvation mode, and we will not lose anything. I have been there myself. I did good, losing 12 pounds, but since then, I am at a standstill. I guess I learned my lesson, and you will too. Good luck.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    thank's for the answers. I think I eat enough and I'm not hungry as often, so it may get hard to eat even more.

You do not necessarily have to eat more... add or substitute a few items that you normally eat with higher calorie options. Your body needs more calories.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you are able to consume 1200 calories a day and still have issues. Please have your thyroid looked at. I was in a similar situation and found that my thyroid was not functioning well. After I was able to get that under control, I was able to start losing again. For sure start with the caloric intake but if you are still having issues, I would be seen.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    You do not necessarily have to eat more... add or substitute a few items that you normally eat with higher calorie options. Your body needs more calories.

Great idea! Just up your cals. It's not about the amount of food you eat, but rather the amount of calories and nutritional content you allow your body to function off of.
  • kpepper07
    Options
    5 small meals a day. Start the day with protein I drink an EAS Advant Edge Carb Control Chocolate fudge shake 110 calories, 4 carbs and 17g protein on the way into work. Then I eat a small breakfast, protein, carbs and fat. Then lunch same thing protein, carb and fat. Then a snack of protein then dinner of protein and veggies, no carbs for me after 3pm. I am learned that when you eat nothing your body stores what you do eat as fat as it thinks it needs it for fuel. Small meals gives your body a kick start!!! I had a friend of mine in a weight loss class at church that worked in the food business and was never hungry but over weight and she could not figure out why. Then we learned that the body stores what she eats.

Also try cardio first thing in the morning, I took a class on cardio and it should done on an empty tummy so it burns the most fat as possible. This whole getting into better shape is a science!!! This site however helps with what others have found that works. Good luck to you!!!
  • 30tips
    30tips Posts: 132
    Options
    Make sure you drink 8 glasses of water a day. Remember, you´re doing exercise so rather than have less, you might need even more-water and calories! So at the very least, make sure you do the minimum-eight glasses of water, and the 1200 calories.
    Eat several times a day to get your metabolism going. Make sure you include enough fiber in your diet.
    And yes, get your thyroid checked to make sure too.
  • zozan
    zozan Posts: 1
    Options
    I agree with everyone , you are not eating enough. After you entered your info , does it say you need 1200 calories ?Or you desided to stay around 1200 calories ? Becasue if you follow the number of calories you can consume after entering your weight, height and age ,just by following that you will see the difference on your weight .Also my opinion ,if you are checking your weight on the scale every day , quit doing it . Give it a week or 10 days before you weigh your self after the initial weight. Instead focus every day on your calorie intake , try not to go over and make sure you consume no less than what you need to consume . And divide your eating time thru out the day , gradually decrease the calorie count at the and of the day. When you are ready to go to sleep your body will burn calories , if you eat at least 3-4 hours prior going to bed that is the best way.If you ended up eating right before you go to bed , your body ended up trying to digest what you eat instead of resting. All of the above is what I think , I am not a physician , doctor or certified person. Good luck
  • nana_of_8
    nana_of_8 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Make sure to acurately enter how many calories you're burning from exercise. If you burn 300 calories in a day, the system will tell you to eat 1500 calories that day. Stay as close what the program says you should have each day after entering your exercise. (not too much under or over)
  • losj
    losj Posts: 7
    Options
    well, it's so many people here saying that i should eat more calories. so i guess it worth a try! :)