Need ideas - low-carb, easy dinners w/out fancy ingredients?

Options
2»

Replies

• madhound
    madhound Posts: 14
    Options
    chicken and veg easy
  • erkerns
    erkerns Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! These are all great ideas! I'm going to try a couple of them this week. Going to the grocery store today :)
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    This is one that the family calls Taco Chicken, not sure if you would be interested in Mexico.

Chicken breasts tossed in "taco seasoning" (I make my own because of sodium)
    In roasting pan put sliced Jalapenos on top of breasts. Cover with salsa or just diced tomatoes for taste preference. Cover with low fat shredded cheese and bake.

I serve it with a side salad and beans. The husband has rice with his :).

Oh that sounds really good! I'm going to try that this week.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Beef chilli

500g of beef
    Tin chop toms
    Tom purée
    Diced onion
    Cinnamon power
    Cumin powder / or seeds
    Chilli powder (hot)
    Fresh chilli's (but only if you like it real hot)
    Salt
    Pepper

Easy - prep and cooking no more than 20 minutes.

Total carbs is about 20 grams
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump. Good ideas.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    We typically do a meat and a veggie for dinner.

Roasted chicken thighs (skin on and bone in) seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika) Roasted cauliflower- cut the cauliflower into decent sized florets, toss with some olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and roast it at the same time as the chicken.

Baked salmon with sautéed broccoli. Bake the salmon with your choice of seasoning at 400 degrees for 15-20 mins. Saute the broccoli in olive or coconut oil with garlic and a little soy sauce.

Grilled pork chops with yellow squash. Marinade the chops in a mixture of Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and mustard. slice the squash into 1/4" thick ovals. Marinade in olive oil with salt, pepper, garlic. Grill it all.

It's really not that hard to come up with stuff once you get into the groove. Experiment and see what you like.
  • cyndiee1
    cyndiee1 Posts: 24
    Options
    If I need a fairly quick low-carb meal, blackened chicken salad is my go to meal. I usually vary what I put in the salad; tomatoes, avocado, celery, cheese, olives and top it with cubed, chicken blackened with your choice of seasoning. Sometimes I cook the chicken in olive oil and sometimes in coconut oil. yummy
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump