a bit confused (easily done)

Options
Hey I'm new here and not to good with the healthy eating stuff but im getting better. I've started working out at the gym and 'trying' to eat better. now my question is do I eat plenty of protein to help tone up or do I eat a calorie controlled diet and carry on with what im eating now.
im female, 24 years old and weigh about 58kg, 5foot 2 inch approx

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The answer is both. You should be eating plenty of protein (at least 104g a day for your weight), and you should be eating at a calorie deficit if you want to lose weight.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    yup, both is right. to stick to the calories, cut out some fat or carbs if you need to add more protein.
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Both. But set mini-goals, don't try to do everything at once. Maybe try tracking your food first. Then, start staying in a calorie deficit. Then, increase your protein. The goal is to be obtainable and sustainable, not perfect from day one!
  • LittleTess2013
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I'll start by stopping all the goodies and try to eat more protein. I've been going to the gym for nearly a month now so I'm happy with what I'm doing there.

thanks again, think I might like this place :)
  • kloving70
    kloving70 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! I'll start by stopping all the goodies and try to eat more protein. I've been going to the gym for nearly a month now so I'm happy with what I'm doing there.

thanks again, think I might like this place :)

I would recommend finding a way to fit some goodies into your plan for longer lasting effect....cutting it all out only works if you are willing to cut it out forever...otherwise you will find the weight keeps creeping back up....just from my experience.