Does Sex count as exercise?

Options

Replies

• KatherineMichelle72
    Options
    It's in my TDEE. ;)

But seriously, the difference between what you burn having sex and what you would burn doing normal daily activities is negligible. Much like housework and cleaning. But hey, it's your calorie burn and goal, log whatever works. Just don't get mad when you're eating back your sex and cleaning calories and aren't seeing any progress.

why would you eat back your cals burned during sex anymore than cals burned during a walk or jog or anything else??
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't, I think it's kind of reaching. Unless you wore a hrm and knew how much you burned, and even then- it's reaching.
  • emacb123
    emacb123 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's kind of like standing up while riding the bus. I know I'm using my muscles to keep my balance...
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    In my defense, I'd like to say that because sex is supposed to be enjoyable, why should I do anything I don't enjoy? So I have always refused to do any of the "work." The man is always going to enjoy sex anyway. I have always hated ANY type of exercise so, with me the man has to do all the work. He is going to "get his" regardless-- I am not willing to turn sex into a workout session for me because then I'd hate it. TMI?
  • milmomto2
    milmomto2 Posts: 84
    Options
    I say yes! At least the most enjoyable, fun sex! Have fun and burn calories. Its a win- win:blushing: all around!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    In for protein synthesis. :glasses:
  • jaguilar333
    jaguilar333 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you are doing it with the right person, then YES!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Log it as "apologizing, vigorous."
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    no, it only burns about 35 calories sad to say
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Log it as "apologizing, vigorous."

:laugh:
  • Da_Big_Kahuna
    Da_Big_Kahuna Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Log it as "Exchanging long protein strands"
    (obscure Simpsons reference)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    It depends on how hard you go.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Yeah so I have not been adding "it" to my exercise totals but of course there are times where you break out in a nice sweat from sex...has anyone added it as an exercise?

Are times? Every time. As fun as it is, and how good it can be for getting a sweet burn on. Definitely not something that counts as exercise when it comes to weight loss or training for a healthy body.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ps - If you're a guy and doing it right, you can log it as weight lifting.

Yeah that's what's up.
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Of course
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a thread asking this question lol. I'm on top a lot because my boyfriend's a big guy and it's just easier for both of us. We go for about an hour at a time and my thighs always kill me the next day so it feels like a real workout.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Depends how much you had to pay for it

lol indeed.
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I do not log sex or cleaning activities, since those were already part of my life before I decided start this path for the healthier me :bigsmile:
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    unless you didn't have sex before or its became a lot wilder and more acrobatic I don't think it really counts lol