Questions about the 30 day shred

Options
Snip8241
Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
I am considering this program but I have questions. Is it hard on the knees? I have had my meniscus removed in one knee and over exertion causes problems. I swim with very little problems. Any comments would be welcome!
Thanks.

Replies

• ximenia
    ximenia Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It is quite hard on the knees yeah. There are modified versions of most of the moves though and if you can't do a certain thing because of your knees you could always just fill that exercise with something else you can do.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm afraid it is quite hard on the knees, however you can do the low impact options and replace the exercises that are worst for you with other cardio intervals. I had a friend who did this and still had great results. I adore her workouts.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Snip-

I have no ACL and a torn meniscus in my right knee. So not only am I in pain, but I also have no stability in that knee. Eventually I will have to get surgery but since the injury I still work out and have lost weight.

I would suggest not going as deep into the lunges or squats. I would also suggest warming up your knees and body before hand. But in all honesty its not as intense as maybe P90X or insanity-which I have done both after my knee injury.

Be very mindful and focus on using your glutes and your hamstrings when you need to do lunges or squats. Put no pressure on that knee! In addition to this, focus on your core to stabilize yourself.

Also, talk to your doctor. Just to be safe.
    Will it be painful-yes. My knee hurts all the time when I workout, but, I enjoy the activity and the strength I am building.

Good luck!
  • Snip8241
    Options
    Thanks so so much. I don't want to be a wus but I can't go thru the surgery again.
  • hoppa321
    hoppa321 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have a 30 Day Shred group starting on July 1st if you want to join us for motivation & support

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/22254-30-day-shred-for-july
  • Snip8241
    Options
    I just ordered the DVD after watching on you tube. I think I can do it. Thanks. I will join the group and start using you tube til my DVD comes. Can't wait!