First Foray

Options
Rightio, I am going to take my first foray back into the world of fitness. But I am unsure where to start. Should I start with Spinning, Body Combat or Body Pump or some other class?

Any advice hugely appreciated please :)

Replies

• Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Start with what looks like fun, andif it is class, what fits into your schedule. Look at the classes available, try some or try them all. Exercise works best when you do it, and you do it most when it is fun. Enjoy!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Should I start with Spinning, Body Combat or Body Pump or some other class?

Yes, pick any of those - whichever interests you. Leave after 15 minutes. Trust me on this. Return 2 days later and do 10 minutes more. Then do the full class 2 days later.

What are your fitness goals? And how many days per week can you commit?
  • RachelLM73
    RachelLM73 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I could go to classes or to the gym (forgot to say that one) every day.

I want to tone up really. When I was younger I was very active - gymnastics, trampolining, aerobics - not on a high level or anything but I did it a lot during the week. But now I am at a standstill.

My biggest fear is being unco-ordinated and not being able to keep up - basically looking like a div lol

You don't think I'll be throwing myself in at the deep end? The leisure centre that I will be going to doesn't have beginner classes - it's a case of just leaping on it.
  • RachelLM73
    Options
    Also just discovered that my local leisure centre offers FitSteps which looks interesting. :)
  • RachelLM73
    Options
    Gah - I've still not been. I'm so rubbish :(
  • Loralrose
    Loralrose Posts: 203
    Options
    Don't go every day! At least not at first. Start with something you'll have an easier time sticking to, maybe 2-3x per week. Anything is better than nothing, so just do what you can :)

Pick a class you think sounds most fun. Then make yourself go at least one month before giving up. If you hate it after a month then try something new.