Tea vs Water

Options
Ok...so here's my problem...water! I dislike water as much as trying to ride a bike up hill facing the wind. It's not that the water is bad in my area, in fact my water is in the top 10 under ground water sites. I'm just not big on the h2o. I've been *clean* off soda for a month but now I've found I've turned to green tea. Little or no sugar. Is this healthy when some days it may be my only extra fluid? How important is plain water. Is it all the same to the body? I guess I've got a question for Dr. OZ

Replies

• kellyrene
    Options
    I posted the same questions today and the topic is 8 glasses is it really important. Lots of people posted on it, so if you look it up you will find some answers.. ;)
  • yogalotusadg
    Options
    i didnt like water for a long time either so i drank herbal tea (so i wouldn't add milke & sugar) that I brew myself & that worked for me.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Tea is a wonderful substitute, but some might tell you in order for it to count as a water substitute it has to be decaf. Same with coffee.
    To help me get through the water slumps I buy sugar free water mixes like special k, propel or crystal lite. This helps a great deal!

Here is a little bit of info:
    http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    for me, it helps if the water is ICE cold, there is something about ICE cold water it is just crisp and refreshing, so don't skip on the water you need it, if you're not a big fan of water guzzle it down... but make sure to get it in. I like tea too, I read where you should drink green tea after every meal so I have my favorite green tea with pomegrante.
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Tea is good for you as long as you are making it. Do not buy tea in the bottle from a store becuase they have hidden sugars in them. I found this out from my nutritionist. If you like sweet tea(like i do) add either splenda or triva because those are suppose be some good sugars that will not harm your body. I hope this helps.
  • DarthBubbles
    Options
    It's not that the water is bad in my area, in fact my water is in the top 10 under ground water sites.
    I moved to the Boise, ID area in September and one thing I miss is Spokane area water :sad:
  • moonkat1982
    Options
    Thanks for all the replys. the websites were really helpful and informative. Never thought my afternoon lull could be water related.
  • moonkat1982
    Options
    It's not that the water is bad in my area, in fact my water is in the top 10 under ground water sites.
    I moved to the Boise, ID area in September and one thing I miss is Spokane area water :sad:
    I know the water is great here...though I never knew it till a trip to seattle in high school. I dislike water but *treated* water is a Sad thing.