My breakfast calories - ramadhan day 1

Options
Hi

I will be keeping my first fast for ramadhan this year, I was just
Browsing my foods to see what I might have for brekkie and pre log it now. My total is 431 calories if I go with what I am thinking to. My usual breakfast when not fasting is usually between 250-300 calories.
I will have 869 calories for when I break my fast buy again I am just concerned if that is too many calories allocated to breakfast .
I won't be exercising so no calories will be earned.

My dinner is usually 300-400 and I always have some left for a treat.

Do you think these amounts are right? Should I adjust something somewhere?

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Personally...if I had to fast during the day, I would eat the majority of my calories in the morning. I eat most of my calories before noon on a normal day anyway (probably 1000-1200 with about 500-700 left for dinner/snack). I do also workout from 9-11ish.

I've found that the more protein/fat I eat in the morning the longer I feel full.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Why dont you just save them all for dinner?
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    My daily calories goal is 2000 and I am planning to keep my breakfast within 800 cals. I will keep remaining calories around 1200 for breaking the fast. Main target is to stay within the target calories. I will try to keep the mango milkshake to the minimum level and no fried foods.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Well if it is your first time, you will probably have to experiment to see what work for you. Try it that way and monitor how you feel.

Good luck
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I always go with protein for breakfast in ramadan and try to drink 2-3 glasses of water. The first couple of days are a bit of an adjustment. Just see what works for you.
  • Redribbon73
    Redribbon73 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It is my first ramadhan where I am counting my calories only. I just tweaked my brekkie log in again, I know it will be filling enough and I do want to save enough for breaking my fast. Yes the first few days will be trial and error I suppose to see what works.

I will be staying g away from fried food anyway but I will be preparing all those snacks for the family.

Apparently 5 pakoras is 225 calories!!!!!! Ppppffft