Just cleaned out the refrigerator.....

Options

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Oh no ! on the garage fridge ! Might be looking at that same problem not too far down the road...
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Orange soda. Liquid candy. :)
    Hard apple cider ? hmmm...sounds great.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    mayo & coke zero
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Corona..... (but sooooo good on a hot summer day!), and some yummy cheese and pepperoni (that I am gratefully able to avoid, but husband loves). Proud to say that in last 6 weeks there's been a substantial shift from bad food to good food......!
  • apparations
    apparations Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Beer and ranch dressing! I also have a little container of 35% cream that I've been using in my fritattas... it just makes the eggs so much creamier!!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I agree that no food is not bad as long as it fits in your plan, but having said that, the 2 foods that are the most difficult to fit in are:

Donut and coffee ice cream (not worth the calories. Coffee flavor is not strong at all)

Bagelfuls (EFFING AMAZING!!! Buy them now!!! Why are you still reading this message?!? GO NOW!!)
  • wannakimmy
    wannakimmy Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Fridge, not so much, If I had to pick two things... Real Mayo and Vollwerths' Bologna

Pantry... that's where my struggle is....
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    3 diff types of ice cream, mayo, hot fudge, caramel sauce.....you name it we've got it! All my evil coniving bf's *grrr* ;p
  • jtm4210
    jtm4210 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My fridge is pretty healthy. I do have a couple of Gu desserts but they are the tiny pot variety and under 200cals each. Other than that it's fresh fruit and veg, lean meat, Greek yoghurt and so on.

My freezer has some issues - ice cream, frozen pizza, oven chips, sausage rolls etc etc... These are at the request of my lazy husband who considers 20 minutes to prepare food excessive!

Then we have our "top shelf" items at the top of the cupboard - crisps, biscuits, chocolates. For emergencies only!

Oh, and we had a party a couple of weeks ago and so many people brought booze that we have loads of bottles and cans stacked on a shelf in the downstairs loo...

How the hell am I staying healthy??!!
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Coke Zero and some homemade jam
    fridge.jpg
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Two least healthy things? Chicken and plain natural yoghurt!

I'm not trying hard enough, am I? :laugh:
  • GunslingerGirl
    GunslingerGirl Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything in my refrigerator at the moment. But my pantry has Nutella and captain crunch :tongue:
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    I'm moving tomorrow, also, so I don't have much in the fridge.

The least healthy thing would probably be the bottle of vodka in the freezer.
    I also have Gruyere and smoked Gouda...but I consider fine cheeses to be health food! :bigsmile:
  • jennagoogles13
    Options
    Not mine, but I know that there's at least four candy bars of some sort as well as some beef and sausage chili
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Fuzzy blueberries....ewww.
    Think I read somewhere that if you rinse fresh fruit with a vinegar/water mix they don't go bad so fast.

I have to try this. I've heard it before somewhere. Really tired of fuzzy raspberries
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Define healthy and unhealthy foods for me please. There are Reese's eggs in the door of my fridge, if you're talking about calorie dense food, but that doesn't make it bad. Just saying.
  • AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    In the fridge, probably the jar of goose fat and the brie.

In the pantry I would say my stash of Lindt Dark Caramel Seasalt chocolate. I have 10 bars I think, but I'm pretty good at staying away from them.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    wagon wheel biscuit choc coated marshmallows but they are the hubby's for his work
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Fuzzy blueberries....ewww.
    Think I read somewhere that if you rinse fresh fruit with a vinegar/water mix they don't go bad so fast.

Many fruits freeze well - especially if you are using them in yoghurt or smoothies after. Don't buy any more than you will eat before they go off - if you cannot resist a special freeze the extra. Berries are notoriously difficult to "sterilise" and the ones on the ground will have many spores that are resistant to chemical treatment.

Your best methods of preservation are 1) The fresher you eat them the better; 2) Temperature - cooling them slow microbial breakdown; 3) Freeze what you cannot use in a few days after they are ripe.

[ed]

I think the most unhealthy in our fridge is tomato sauce and Mayonnaise....