Just cleaned out the refrigerator.....

Options
13»

Replies

• oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Leftover pizza and Bomb Pops. Not even a little sorry.
  • Karababy51
    Karababy51 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In the main fridge; there's a bottle of mayo I keep on hand for my Son when he visits. Hubby & I can't stand the stuff, but he loves it. There's a couple leftover slices of Jack's Supreme pizza. That's Hubby's. Um, one piece of leftover lasagna I made last week and a jar of Hershey's Special Dark hot fudge ice cream topping, again, that's Hubby's for the ice cream in the freezer. OH! There's some cupcakes in the freezer too, leftover from Hubby's birthday last September. I should probably throw those out. o.O The rest is all 'healthy' stuff.

Now, our other fridge is an under counter specialty beverage center Hubby brought home from work that we're testing and that's full of goodies such as; beer, various bottles of wine, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Canada Dry tonic, Hubby's RC cola and my Diet Dr. Pepper Cherry soda.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hmm. I may have to try that! Especially in the off seasons, it seems like fresh fruit just doesn't live too long !

^ I bought a fridge thermometer as my soft fruits always went off so quick......turns out my fridge was at 7 oC and fluctuated a lot! Now back at 4 oC, food is keeping better and longer!

The unhealthiest food in my fridge at the moment is a Melton Mowbray pork pie! And I am gonna make it fit my calorie intake one day this week! Macros?....it'll have to be a day off! OMG, the fat will be a killer that day!
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    Cream and Jam

neither are mine
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    plenty of stuff in my fridge people would probably class as "unhealthy" but totally needed for my underweight child

only thing in there of mine that might make the list is the one serve bottle of wine that i drank a third of 3 weeks ago thats still sitting in the fridge door
  • coaoalo
    coaoalo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Homemade apple crumble (with lots of crumble) and cider.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Salami (that I don't eat), Mattesons smoked sausage (that I don't eat), chocolate, squirty cream (I now use low fat greek yog instead) & a quiche that I'm regretting agreeing to have half of, might have to split my half between today & tomorrow so it isn't quite so bad (450cals with 27.something grams of fat for HALF of this thing)
  • Thesis_gut
    Thesis_gut Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Salad cream and various cheeses (but I'm trying to stick to the light cheese and leave the full fat ones for my hubby)
  • Zoe_lifts
    Zoe_lifts Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Mayo :D
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Homemade apple crumble (with lots of crumble) and cider.

Crumble!......ooooooh! I could help you clear that unhealthy food from your fridge! :bigsmile:
  • BeginningAgainMay14
    BeginningAgainMay14 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    White wine and I'm another with mayonnaise. Ketchup is probably the third because of the sugar. It's really the only thing I knowingly buy with added sugar, but I just won't give it up, no matter what happens.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    My fridge is usually in pretty good shape. I think the worst things in there right now are assorted local beers (I don't like beer- I keep them for guests) and some jarred sauces (sweet & sour, alfredo).

The freezer is slightly worse off: frozen pizza, tater tots, popsicles (not too bad, def low cal, but probably not truly "healthy")

The pantry is where things really get ugly- the fridge and freezer get cleaned out regularly, but the pantry still has all the stuff I was eating before: boxed mac & cheese, stuffing mix, gravy, cream soups, baked beans . . . I eat them rarely enough now that I should get rid of them, but . . . just in case?
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I cannot do without my snacks, so I just find a way to fit it into the day :]

But things that are harder to fit or just aren't "meal" food...

Heath bars. I keep em in the freezer because cold chocolate and toffee is the best.
    PB M&Ms also in the freezer
    Chocolate milk
    Diet dr pepper vanilla
    Cherry coke zero
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    chocolate syrup, whole milk, tons of butter and left overs from the rest of my family's meals, I have to cook 2 meals a night as I am in this fight on my own as far as home goes.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Probably the mayonnaise, cheese, and butter. Peanut butter too. Everything else is just fruits, vegetables, tofu, eggs, meats, and fish. I cook all my meals/snacks. My taste buds have changed; I don't really like processed foods anymore.
  • Ilgamuth
    Ilgamuth Posts: 17
    Options
    My fridge is pretty much empty right now. So I'm going to go for the nail polish. No way am I eating that.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    taco bell tacos and caramel syrup.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Define healthy and unhealthy foods for me please. There are Reese's eggs in the door of my fridge, if you're talking about calorie dense food, but that doesn't make it bad. Just saying.

Yup. Calorie dense =/= unhealthy.

The most calorie dense stuff we have is the homemade strawberry jam Mrs. Jruzer made last weekend off of the 2 flats of berries we just picked. That little bit of spring sunshine will help keep us mentally healthy through the upcoming months of cabin fever.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    chocolate syrup, whole milk, tons of butter and left overs from the rest of my family's meals, I have to cook 2 meals a night as I am in this fight on my own as far as home goes.

That really sucks. I don't really get a huge amount of support with this either. My mum is happy that I am losing weight & knows that I NEED to do it but she still laughs at me when I'm weighing out my food and thinks I try to be too strict. She also still buys a lot of the 'unhealthy' food we used to eat together, for the most part I will now split something like my half of a pack of 12 jaffa cakes over 2 or 3 nights instead of eating all 6 in 1 sitting.