Chicken recipes

Options

Replies

• tamgreg
    tamgreg Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, just wondering what the 17 day diet is?
  • wp1070
    wp1070 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is the exact calorie for amount of serving?
  • Skchers
    Skchers Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump! These recipes all sound amazing.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Definitely bumping!
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I love chicken!

My favorites are:

- BBQ Chicken: Chicken breast, honey, bbq sauce - Mix and marinade
    - Honey Mustard Chicken: Chicken Breast, honey, mustard and black pepper - mix and marinade
    - Lemon Chicken
    - Herby Chicken (Rosemary and Thyme)

Kaela x
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lore11a
    lore11a Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Bump!! Yummy!!
  • delladawn
    delladawn Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • activefatgirl
    activefatgirl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Quick and amazing chicken - no marinating

Use chicken breasts, legs, or thighs (use about 2 lbs worth)

Cover baking pan with tin foil. Place uncooked chicken in pan on top of tin foil.

In a small bowl, melt a half stick of butter in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. Add a dash of extra virgin olive oil.

Use brush (like this one for cleaning ease: http://amzn.to/1iNAqeo ) to coat both sides of uncooked chicken sitting in cooking pan.

Add spices to top side of chicken once both sides have been coated with butter/oil.

Pepper, Sea Salt, and Montreal chicken are my chicken spice goto's

Preheat to 395 F

Cook for 60 minutes - flip once at the 30 min mark. Add spices again to top side after flip. BBQ sauce too if you want.

Take chicken out of oven. Cover it lightly with tin foil and let it sit for 10 minutes. That will help keep the juices in.

Prep time 5 minutes
    Cook time 1 hour
    Wait time 10 minutes

Total - 1 hr 15 minutes

Bonus: after the baking pan cools down, enjoy picking and eating the skin off the tin foil. It's delicious!
  • Jaffy55806
    Jaffy55806 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jen076
    jen076 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • helyla
    helyla Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    try boneless skinless chicken thighs in the crockpot- they are amazing. You have to be careful with chicken breast because if they overcook they lose all their flavor. of course the resulting broth will be great but the meat will be tasteless shreds.
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but regardless of spices you use I highly recommend marinating in yogurt, makes it super tender when you cook it!
  • 78105234a
    78105234a Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • janet0101
    janet0101 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to make boneless/skinless chicken breast is a recipe I found on Taste of Home.

It's listed as "cooking for 2" but it's easily adaptable to feed however many you need, or to your taste..

Basically you flatten the chicken breast a bit, then brown it in a little olive oil or butter, and season with pepper, garlic, and ground cayenne (to taste, or you can skip it if you don't like spicy)... once the chicken is cooked through, top with 1tbsp honey mixed with 2tbsp chopped pecans.

It's a little sweet, and a little spicy, and it's a good mix of textures. Love it. :)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Bump. I will definitely be trying the lipton crock pot chicken recipe as someone. It sounds like it may be really good!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    thanks! what can i substitute agave nectar with? equal?

Barbeque sauce would be awesome!
    honey would make a good substitute, it won't be the exact same but probably as close as you can find. If you have pure maple syrup already in your house you could play around with that. Agave Nectar is not going to taste the exact same as honey or maple syrup but if you're not up for buying a bottle I think honey would be just fine for the recipe.:happy:

Edited to add:

Thanks all for the great chicken ideas... there's always fajitas to do up with chicken, simple, tasty and the chance to add loads of yummy veggies!:drinker: